The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > is conservative Australia stunned in Rudd's light?

is conservative Australia stunned in Rudd's light?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
BOAZ,

See this where we're going to have a conflict. I happen to think that my right not to pestered by people wanting to convert me outweighs you right to try and convert me.

I have no problem with your right to hold a certain set of beliefs, I may disagree with them at a fundamental level, but they are yours and I do not have that right to take them off you. What I ask in return is that you treat me with the same respect.
Posted by James Purser, Tuesday, 14 August 2007 8:07:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pale I in Truth am ALP to the boots straps Rudd has surprised me and impressed me.
I value truth, true I do! I once referred to him as KRUDD! he however has a great future.
Who else? Bill Shorten, he will one day make a great Prime Minster soon he will if justice prevails be a good minister.
I must admit in my view it is time not to forget the past, not to turn away from our proud past but to understand Labor must serve the country not a faction of it.
And that my great pride in the union movement must not hide some actions of some unions are wrong and that such extremism is rarely supported by the share holders of unionism our members.
However while no return to pre 1996 unionism will take place without balance and fairness unions must and will fight on long after Howard's train wreck.
Key words, balance, fairness, not radical.
Finally pale if only you could share my day today, come with me into rural NSW visit 8 workplaces travel near 400 klm.
See the true pain of lower income good loyal well liked workers, inflicted by bosses too willing to use workchoices against sometimes lifelong friends and workers.
You would understand a good honest union is no enemy to a good honest boss.
And that being in a union can be no indication you are evil or unAustralian.
That is how I think, and how I live that is why the extremists in my movement say my union is Australia's Weakest Union we talk first, we gain more members, we understand war is no answer best left till you can talk no more not started as you enter a site.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 6:08:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly

Thanks for that honest reply. I think just about everbody likes Bill because he comes across well. Hes a blokes bloke.

I dont know belly as sure as hell I dont like The Howard Government.
I know if I say anything you take it personally so I try to cut down on my cracks now.
Half the time its to see you bite for a bit of fun- sorry but at least I am being honest.
I REALLY value my privacy Belly and the thought of people just rocking up at my work place angers me to be honest.

Cant these people write letters and request a meeting or out lay their concerns in writing 'if they had one.' That way the funds could be put into court cases.
If those places you visit find serious problems within the law the offenders should be put through court- Simply.

Kevin as you know is up here and let me tell you he refused to vote to enlarge our water supply years ago.
I am sorry belly but to me that dosent show he has much leadership protential.

I gave Kevin a huge oportunity last year when we went docs pointing out something to him he could have and should have used against the Howard Government at the AWB Enquiry.

That aside could you please enquire for us from your party if they intend to oppose ritual slaughter of animals for Kosha and Halal In Australia.
The Howard Government have lied to the RSPCA and I know there has been meetings to allow this barbaric treatment right here in Australia. Its a five billion dollar a year industry and growing.
Is Kevin going to stop Australia being turned into a country that operates under extremist Islamic Law?
I dont hear him objecting Belly.
Would you please ask your parties position on this and if they are going to STOP the low life Howard Government from throwing this country back into the dark ages and lower our animal welfare standards.
If he says yes - Hes got our! votes.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 7:31:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear People against live exports, I suggest that yo do join the ALP to guide the party to where you would like it to go. You have compassion and concern for animals and that virtue means that you care for people. We need people like you to place forward motions banning live exports. Yes it is cruel just as progressives like Wilberforce brought about the abolition of slavery so we must do it to abolish live exports. We need activists such as Green Peace to stop whaling will Rudd take on the Japanese I hope so if they come into our waters some of my family are Japanese they are Budhists and detest the whaling. Just as we cannot be blamed for the attrocities that Blair, Bush and Howard have done in Iraq with their depleted uranium cluster bombs. Already Rudd has shown conservatism in expanding uranium mining, supported by Bill Shorten, Logging of old growth forests so much for Climate Change while we subsidise Indonesia and Malaysia not to do this hypocritical. Also paying the rich to provide rentals to those who have no chance of owning their own home because the investors beat them to it. Marx was right about the Labour Party it certainly does not serve the proletariat. That is why progressives must join the Labor Party otherwise it will be no different that the coalition. Hawke and Keating sold off Qantas and the Commonwealth Bank now we all suffer exhorbitant Bank Charges we need a Government Owned Bank as quickly as possible.
Posted by Bronco Lane, Thursday, 16 August 2007 12:59:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bronco Lane

Thanks but the problem is Kevin Rudd has already said- He has no intention of banning Live Animal Exports either.
To Quote him' "I wont be banning Live Exports". "I understand these things"- "We used to have a beef farm."
Well we understand THESE THINGS TOO MR HOWARD AND MR RUDD and so does the public and 60 Minuntes. Trade dollars!- Mr Vaile Shame on The Nationals.

'
Labour has an appauling record of Animal Welfare Bronco.
Well we understand these things too and the reasons are as stated above bronco- Feeding the chooks.
Your right Australia needs leadership but sending a raw material off in raw form which is our most valable form along with our jobs only helps a very few involved in the barbaric trade and the parties they donate to to shamefully allow it to contiune.
Did you knoew Bronco that in the past twenty years pluss at least two tax payer enquiries all recomonded that the cruel Live Animal was banned immediatly?
Ok Now I am asking WHAT Kevin Rudd is doing to STOP Ritual Slaughter In Australia?
I cant hear him objecting can you?
Is he really going to allow the Howard Government to turn Australia into some third country run by allah?.
Its cruel and completly unnessary as many Muslims readily except pre stunning for Halal. And WHAT about Kosha ?- Its worse. Skinning Animal Alive a pocking them over and over for the Dews. Thats being done HERE!
You know there is another party actually. Pauline Hanson is starting another one in QLD.
Maybe shes prepaired to speak up about cruel Ritual Slaughter in ASustralia and Muslims brining down our already weak Animal Welfare policys.
Do you really think bronco Australia should turn into a third world Islamic Country? Because thats whats happening and I DONT hear a peak from belly or Kevin?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 16 August 2007 4:40:59 AM
Pale lets not cuddle! you may not have noticed but I like a bit of verble tennis now and then too.
Your right to privacy is respected but my members right to a fair go at work is too, in truth you must confront the fact some bosses are bad bosses.
My trek of yesterday mostly found issues that could be fixed, often little more than mistakes.
No blood was shed no enemy's made and the major issue was from a large international firm.
That firm represented by a foolish person had refused to pay a good amount , over $2000 in back pay to one worker.
Paid it on demand and after refusing to for two months said it was a mistake.
No government of any type none at all, can fill every ones wishes.
In removing John Howard, doing the work his party lacks the guts to do for it, we will see better government.
Review my posts and others in 12 months, by then Australia will be well in the middle of a love affair with prime minister Kevin Rudd.
At that time I may not be.
My total belief in the best of the union movement is forever.
Like it or not I talk of the best nothing else.
It is time for those who ride in comfort within the trade union movement using it but not contributing to it or this great fight to restore it by removing Howard to get of the fence nothing but total effort will do.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 16 August 2007 5:38:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy