The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Queensland bush fires.

Queensland bush fires.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. All
Dear Loudmouth,

How many times do I have to tell you that I am a sociologist, not a scientist! I study people and their societies, not the physical world. The bad news for you is that I study people like you to find out what you think and do, especially in relation to environmental issues.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 10 September 2019 12:16:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Dear runner,

Yet again I get to call you out on your bulldust.

What large fire occurred in South East Queensland in August in the 1950s?

There wasn't one was there.'

don't let facts get in the way of your faith narrative Steelie.

https://www.4bc.com.au/1950s-articles-show-severe-bushfires-are-not-a-new-phenomenon/
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 10 September 2019 12:26:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
quite ironic that thew gw faith brigade go on about how well informed the young generation are. Now we learn these fires on the sunshine coast were lit by teenagers. I suspect strongly by kids of 'liberal' parents. The Greens should really stop trying to politicise and win points on other people's misfortunes which often turn out to be the fault of the lefties.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 10 September 2019 12:42:36 PM
Dear runner,

Goodness gracious, I never knew you were so apolitical. And I here I am thinking all this time that you were a right-wing conservative LNP voter. Wonders will never cease.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 10 September 2019 12:47:24 PM
Foxy,
You are panicking a bit early, your son does not leave for a week.

I just spoke to a niece that lives on the sunshine coast and she said that there are a couple of roads closed and some people evacuated from houses and one house lost, but the threat is mainly to houses in bush settings.

Holiday makers usually stay in city areas so it probably will not affect him, unless he intends to camp. If the airport is closed , for smoke, surely they can divert to Brisbane and then bus or train up.

As I said it is a week away and most should be under control by then. Apparently they have a lot of help in water bombers and interstate fire fighters to relieve the local blokes. All should be OK by then.
Posted by HenryL, Tuesday, 10 September 2019 12:59:57 PM
God these warmists are disgusting. Two years ago we had a very wet year. Here it culminated in the biggest flood in living memory. Of course the warmists claimed it to push their scam. There is much evidence larger floods, but they pretend not to see that.

This year is very dry, so of course the warmists claim this as evidence to support the same scam.Next year will probably be normal, so they will have to invent something like coral bleaching to push their dirty scam.

It is the excellent growth of that rainy season that is now fueling this years fires. That year being so wet offered a perfect year to burn much of the accumulated litter that is now fueling these fires safely, but greenie pressure prevented that. Now many others are suffering, while the greenflies in their inner city high rise enjoy the show, & shout climate change.

One site idiot says, "why blame gum trees?" I didn't realise there were any so ill informed in Oz that they did not understand the association of our gums a fire. It seems many Ozzies are even dumber than we ever thought.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 10 September 2019 1:09:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 11
  12. 12