The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Queensland bush fires.

Queensland bush fires.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
Have a thought for the mostly volunteers fighting our bushfires, & those suffering from them. They are struggling with the longest period of strong hot winds I have experienced in 28 years here.

This has so far been the driest year on record in much of south eastern Queensland, with records in many areas going back to 1890s.

We were discussing our fire plan the other day, & feel pretty safe. There is no grass longer than a couple of inches in hundreds of metres of my place, & almost any area grazed is mostly similar. There are also no thick stands of trees capable of carrying a crown fire. With the fire pump set up on the swimming pool, the big diesel on the dam, & little to burn, we should be OK.

With poor grass growth due to the drought, many areas have little to burn. It is mostly growth from a couple of years ago that is fuelling these fires. I can understand the attraction of that "home among the gum trees", but it is a very silly place to have your home. Even worse if you have a national park as a neighbour or nearby.

The incredibly poor maintenance of our parks, & an ideology wanting to keep thick impenetrable scrub in them is fostering much of these fires. That allows fires to become huge, before they come racing out into private property.

Will we ever learn that gum trees are dangerous things, that have no place close to homes.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 9 September 2019 7:12:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a piss poor passing the buck post from you old cock.

When your top firefighters in the state say this is linked to climate change, that this kind of threat level this early in the season is unprecedented, and the record temperatures and dry conditions are in lock step with global warming predictions yet here you are blaming bloody gum trees and national parks?

You are so deep in denial that it makes my head spin. What level does it take for you to have any doubts that global warming is according to you a crock? Will it take your own home burning to the ground bugger everyone elses?

This isn't going to go away now and is likely to get a lot worse. We should be doing our bit as a country but pigheaded people led through the nose by mining interests have stymied action.

God some people are thick.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 9 September 2019 9:19:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'We should be doing our bit as a country but pigheaded people led through the nose by mining interests have stymied actio'

says another hypocrite using mining products everyday and actually have a longer life expectancy than many before. You need to stop preaching your fake faith Steelie. Its pathetic.
Posted by runner, Monday, 9 September 2019 9:27:27 PM
Dear runner,

No mate, I look at the future of this country with regard to the increasing threat of bushfires and of extremes of droughts and think of those who will have their lives irrevocably changed by loss of homes and even loved ones.

I do not think of runner selfishly sitting there in safety sipping his vinegar tea and spouting his sour little missives to anyone who can be bothered to listen.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 9 September 2019 9:46:20 PM
'
No mate, I look at the future of this country with regard to the increasing threat of bushfires and of extreme s of droughts and think of those who will have their lives irrevocably changed by loss of homes and even loved ones.'

well Steelie even if that was true (which I doubt) killing our mining and coal will make absolutely no difference. If it did the warmist would not have to make up multiple lies and act totally deceitfully like they have over the last 20 or 30 years. They would also be protesting the thousands of new coal fired stations being built in China. Even you should be able to comprehend that rather than your continual virtue signalling. I wonder how Megan's latest flight to watch her sister Serena play tennis in the US has contributed to the QLD bushfires. That's about as credible as the nonsense you sprout.
Posted by runner, Monday, 9 September 2019 9:55:27 PM
Time to grow up a bit SR. Your bulldust is out of date.

You surely don't believe our top fire fighting management more than we believed the ratbags & girls running the Victorian bunch when they killed lots, & destroyed whole towns.

I'm sure you know all about nothing in this as most things. I wonder if being an apologist for incompetent bureaucrats wins you brownie points?
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 9 September 2019 11:47:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy