The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Alternative to meat

Alternative to meat

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
This morning [ABC online news] an alternative made out of vegetable matter is said to taste just like meat
We have had such before,usually even dearer than meat
But it never tasted like meat, what if this does and what if it is price competitive
Would you try it, will it ever become a real threat to farmers of the real stuff
Not broke yet but meat is not seen much here as it is truly priced out of my income bracket so yes will try it
If cheaper buy it, and just maybe if enough do it may find a niche in the market
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 12:38:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We poke fun at Coles and Woolies meat at our place Belly.

The premium grade mince is called 'Hoof & Snout';
The budget grade mince, that's called 'Penis, Testicle and Anus'.

We've got a good butcher in the next suburb and he's got the real top shelf, but we can't afford to eat the good stuff very often.
As a comparison his premium mince is $15 kilo, but there isn't a ounce of fat in it.

Their crumbed steak is really good too.
And can you imagine sausages that actually taste like real actual sausages?

Unfortunately the budget don't stretch so far to go there as much as what I'd like to.

So we often eat the continental packet meals - Rich Beefy Mince etc;
And Kan Tong chicken meals, Butter Chicken etc.

- With the Woolies mince and chicken breast

You can get away with making a meal for 3 or 4 adults for about $7 to $8
Even if only cooking for one you'll get a few meals out of it.
I sometimes put leftovers in those red decor containers for the following day.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 1:35:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's a lot of work being done on this...

http://babylonbee.com/news/innovative-new-process-converts-vegetables-into-meat-by-feeding-them-to-cows
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 2:07:00 PM
worth a try Belly although I think everything natural and without processing is probably going to be better for health.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 2:07:00 PM
Let me get this right mhaze,

The cows eat the vegetables and we eat the cow patts?
- This doesn't sound very tasty or nutrituional -

I think I'll just stick with the hoof & snout.

This is all just some stupid charade by some useless idiot greenies that are running around screaming "We're all going to die!" because they believe bovine flatulence is contributing to climate change and the worlds going to end in 12 years.

It will, but not because of climate change.
Climate change is just a tool to help push 2030 global agendas.
Which include global governance, global money and global taxes.
That's the end game.

The 2030 Global Agendas aren't there for the benefit of combatting climate change.
Combatting climate change is an idea that exists for the benefit of the 2030 Global Agendas

Never let a good crisis go to waste;
And if you don't have a good crisis manufacture one.
- Hegelian dialectic; Problem, Reaction, Solution. -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 2:30:42 PM
I'd definitely go for it if was as good & healthy as the real thing. The big question for me is, will it's production be more or less harmful to the environment ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 3:04:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy