The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Alternative to meat

Alternative to meat

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Foxy,
My son in law,from Melbourne, showed me.

When the pork is cooked, remove the crackling and place under griller.

You can then make it exactly how you like it, but check it often.

Worth a try.
Posted by HenryL, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 12:26:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,
This may interest you.

Apparently grey squirrels are a pest in the UK and USA and local hunters are setting up hides in appropriate places with self feeders of nuts at about 15 to 20m away and using air rifles get some good head shots. I saw this on you tube. Seems there are some good air rifles these days.

They supposedly are good in the pot and I wonder if anyone here has tried them.
Posted by HenryL, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 1:28:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear HenryL.,

Thanks for the tip about the pork crackle.

I'll try it.

Mine has turned out very hard. And considering
how expense pork is - I'd like to get it right.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 1:42:05 PM
Henry L,

I've eaten squirrels in India and they were tasty, but then anything is tasty in India due to the variety of spices.

When shooting them with flintlock rifles the technique used is called 'barking', the animal sees the flash from the lock and ducks back behind the tree, so the hunter aims to fire through the bark and get the squirrel with a headshot.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 3:38:51 PM
Joe [loudmouth] never entered my mind we will or should give up eating meat, see threads subject
In fact wanted to stay away from politics but talk about a current effort to feed the billions that may or may not come about
Science is trying and will continue to, just as the CSIRO has given us whole new types of wheat rice even potatoes
Not one of us can be sure what the future holds but changes will come
I would eat Scotch filet forever if it was even close to being affordable
And feed my dogs only the best beef bones and meat
Never going to happen on the pension
Foxy my advice will not work if you do not like it harder, but like others I but a pork roast twice a month and tend to re-cook bits in stirr frys and soups
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 3:59:16 PM
Dear Belly,

I'm going to try HenryL's suggestion of the grill
for the pork crackle and see how it goes.

Then I might speak to our butcher as well.

Thanks for bringing up this discussion about
alternatives to meat. I'm learning a bit more about
lentils and other food sources.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 4:25:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy