The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Alternative to meat

Alternative to meat

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Foxy,

Can't help as I hardly ever eat pork or any pig meat.
For some reason, I find it tasteless although I did eat and enjoy sugar-cured bacon in Ireland and Aldis do a great line in miniature bottled pork sausages from Germany.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 6:51:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can do wonders with eggs and spuds
and beans.
Foxy,
I'm a potato fan, how about posting that recipé ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 7:15:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'll happily give you some potato recipes tomorrow.

Feel a bit tired right now.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 6 August 2019 10:54:08 PM
The human animal needs meat, both white & definitely red meat in the diet for health reasons. They can keep their pretend meat, when I want to eat vegetables I'll eat them as vegetables.

I learned to like my vegetables done in coconut milk in the islands, but I want meat with them.

With my clapped out knees I don't get much exercise these days, so don't need big meals. A $12 piece of grain fed angus is enough to do me for a couple of meals, so I don't find the good stuff too dear really.

I did a big casserole this week. $11 for a bit over a kilo of chuck, a kilo of carrots, [sorry horse] & a heap of other vegies, cost about $20 for 6 nights meals, 2 this week & 4 frozen for Ron, [later on]. Meat doesn't cost that much I find.

I know what you mean about pork crackling Foxy, me too. Fortunately my son in law does it to perfection. My agistment charge for keeping their horse here is a roast pork dinner every few months. Heaven.

I tried a $20 pork roast from Coles. It was really nice, & gave me 2 nights meals, & lunch sandwiches for about a week, but following their directions, the crackling was not a success.

For any of you desperate for some meat, my extremely lightly grazed place has the best grass in the district, attracting the natives this dry winter. Thus there were 8 skippies down the bottom paddock, eating that horse out of grass & home today. Free meat if you want it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 1:22:45 AM
Rabbits not around here,if their are any place near I would fill the freezer
Venison? well they long ago seem to have been set free after the very high price of the meat saw that market flop
ABC, it was not a show but the news online, showing, far from the first time,this new meat
It is not a new idea, they are working towards it
We in the last two hundred years, have seen canned food, frozen food, and many changes
This meat if/when it comes will be for financial reasons first
Foxy rub plenty of salt on to your pork before cooking it, old butcher told me that and it works
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 6:57:57 AM
Pedigree Loaf With 5 Kinds Of Meat is 100% complete and balanced with all the essential nutrients you will need to thrive. Made with beef and vegies, PEDIGREE will taste good in ways that gets the tail wagging and feed the good in ways you can see.

Ingredients:
chicken, pork, beef, lamb & liver.
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 7 August 2019 8:26:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy