The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Violent Crime against the Aged

Violent Crime against the Aged

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 43
  14. 44
  15. 45
  16. All
Paul,
You can't blame the coppers in Darwin, they did not know initially
who they were dealing with and the police do not monitor the ankle
trackers. One report said it had been removed.
By the time they identified who they were dealing with it would have been too late.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 6 June 2019 2:38:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why penalise the majority that are doing the right thing?
Paul1405,
You call the privilege of gaining insight & a healthier mentality penalising ?? And, this majority you're referring to is a rapidly dwindling one.
What other method can you think of that'll put the brakes on the bandwagon that is the entitlement plague ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 6 June 2019 3:24:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

No. I don't think it's fair, but it's the law. And, the law will not be changed no matter how much we argue the toss. It's all very well for us to say what we think, but nobody takes any notice of what we think in real life, let alone anonymously on the internet. I don't think any politician is ever going to say, "Hey. We should be listening more to those old codgers on OLO", if they've ever heard of it.

I have nothing against guns. I used to own a lot of them, but got rid of them all when I had no further use for them. Unless you use guns on a regular basis, you don't need them.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 6 June 2019 3:31:17 PM
That's odd Bazz, this bloke in Darwin is a rather serious criminal. The only experience I've had with someone wearing an ankle tracking device was in NZ, where a family member was wearing on, and even to go to the shops, unscheduled, he had to ring and get permission to do so. Otherwise they would inform the police of his location and Bobs your uncle, back in the slammer!

p/s The tracking device was still on his leg when arrested, btw, he gave himself up. Someone wasn't doing their job.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 6 June 2019 5:37:59 PM
ttbn,

Whilst it's not fair there are useful anomalies, no one is allowed pepper spray, but over cleaner is on the shelf at the local supermarket.
Of course, you can't keep oven spray in the bedroom but personal deodorant sprays are OK.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 6 June 2019 5:43:09 PM
o sung wu,

Couldn't agree more on the need to practice I'm at the range once a fortnight and hunt most weeks (in fact we're out after the foxes in an hour or so).

I'm still about the middle of the crop on range days,(experience versus ability!!) and on pistol days I can still manage to get 6 shots on target in the 5-second stage of the rapid fire.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 6 June 2019 5:54:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...