The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Go home Bob Brown.

Go home Bob Brown.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30
  13. All
//And Indians would have relatively clean coal. Win-win.//

No Joe, its low level, high ash, dirty black coal they are proposing to dig up. Sorry you are sucked in by the employment hoax that is Adani.

Adani are not interested in mining coal in Australia, but rather they want to mine the pockets of Australian taxpayers. The only "jobs" will be those of the high power lawyers they employ trying to fleece the Australian taxpayer on their behalf.

Shadow you have many times provided links on this site to the "Daily Telecrap" You love Beat Up Bolt! BTW is an arrest still imminent as you claimed. LOL
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 13 May 2019 8:54:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Heard Di Natale saying the other day that we need 100% renewables. I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree with him. What he didn't say was how we can achieve that.
What's his scientific, economic & social plan for that ? Isn't that what he should be telling us ?
When will he & his outfit start leading by example ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 8:17:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Where in earth do you dig up your information? when did The Queensland land council become recognised as economic gurus?

As Adani is ready to start construction the claims that they don't have the money would appear to be bollocks. The boycott by some Aus banks is largely irrelevant given the huge amount of capital available overseas.

Paul,

All coal has some levels of impurities, ash content is non combustibles such as rock which literally drops out as ash.

The point is that the coal from Adani is of far higher quality than alternate coal supplies from Indonesia etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 8:55:05 AM
Shadow, and the 4.6 billion tonnes of carbon that Adani coal alone will release into the atmosphere. Not to mention the 270 billion litres of free ground water the mine itself will swallow up, or the 500 additional coal ships which will invade the already endangered Great Barrier Reef each year.

Then there are the eight similar mines the Morrison government will rubber stamp in the Galilee Basin, should they be returned to office. Given your previous support for a gigantic toxic incinerator in the centre of Sydney, which would spew millions of tonnes of pollution over innocent Labor voters, your support for Adani is understandable.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 9:46:45 AM
No Individual, what we want & need is the cheapest power available.

The fact that the flora of the planet needs more CO2 to flourish makes coal burning a bonus.

Did some math the other day. My council rates are 1/6Th of my pension. My power bill is 1/5Th of my pension. Together they are over a third of my pension, & considerably more than I spend on food.

I sure don't need shortens crazy renewable power promise, or the crazy spending he will do to reward his backers.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 10:57:33 AM
SM,

Even Adani mine supporters now question whether
the project will go ahead.

Adani keeps on stalling. It missed its own deadline
pf finansing for the $16 billion mine and rail
projest. It keeps insisting its confident of getting
financial backing for its proposed mine but so far
the project has not gotten off the ground. They're just
not delivering.

Mackay Mayor Greg Williamson said, "They're saying
they can finance it. We have to believe them,
but for goodness sake, get it going."

Adani keeps announcing the green light for the project
but they keep postponing it. Apparently there are also
problems - including legal challenges to its
Indigenous land use agreement with traditional owners.

You believe the mine will go ahead.

I don't.

We shall see who's right.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 May 2019 11:04:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30