The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Proportionally - where does the blame lay.

Proportionally - where does the blame lay.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Philip S.,

JFK was right. Violence only begets violence.

We need to set an example by the rule of law.
And stop with the demonisation of entire groups of people.
It needs to be stressed that its the extremists who commit
these heinous acts - extremists of all ideologies.
Not all Muslims are fundamentalists, not all white men
are deranged.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 16 March 2019 6:34:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Aidan,

Agreed.

But what Philip S really meant was how much can we put the blame on the victims. It really was more of a rhetorical question from him.

This will be a theme we will see propagating through this forum in various guises as the rabid right posters try and weasel themselves out of an culpability in assisting to spread a toxic, poisonous, deadly message – one that has inspired one of us to travel to New Zealand and slaughter 49 innocent people.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 16 March 2019 7:04:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux Quote "But what Philip S really meant was how much can we put the blame on the victims. It really was more of a rhetorical question from him."

** Your ignorance just defies logic, please show me what words made you arrive at that ludicrous conclusion? **

** You further show you ignorance with the rest of your comment **
"This will be a theme we will see propagating through this forum in various guises as the rabid right posters try and weasel themselves out of an culpability in assisting to spread a toxic, poisonous, deadly message – one that has inspired one of us to travel to New Zealand and slaughter 49 innocent people."
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 16 March 2019 7:34:43 PM
Dear Philip,

«What happened in NZ should not have happened.»

But it did.

Could anything happen without or against God's will?

Then it seems that you blame God, believing that you know better.

«atrocities occur in lots of countries, to stop them the blame for them has to be attributed somewhere hopefully to prevent them occurring again. Or at least stop the frequency of them.»

We all want to have these atrocities stop, but blame is not the answer. Instead, sure, look for future practical solutions if you can - and pray if you cannot.

«Out of 100%, where do people lay the blame for what happened.»

0% for all, but if you insist that it must add up to 100% then I blame myself 100%. Blaming others is destructive and unhealthy.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 16 March 2019 8:23:49 PM
A few of you may remember when my son was attacked by a bunch of 4 Muslims, while walking home from Allawah railway station a few years back. This was an area, [like Bankstown] they were ethnically cleaning at the time, to make it a good Muslim suburb.

He was lucky, if a couple of passing motorists had not stopped & driven them off he would be dead or a vegetable now. His skull was cracked in 4 places as it was. The cops interviewed him in hospital & told him not to expect any result of their "investigations".

To say I don't like Muslims is putting it rather mildly. Would I go & shoot any of the less guilty ones? No. Do I feel sorrow for those killed, or who's lives have been altered for ever, yes a little, but not as much as for others like my son, or girls raped by their gangs.

Do the aggressive Muslims bring this violence on their brethren, yes most certainly. It will only take this type of attack by some misguided European folk, & retaliation by the aggressive Muslims to turn parts of Oz into a new Beirut.

Can we out grow this, I'm not sure. We did out grow the Irish catholic problem which was nearly as bad 90 years ago. We can only hope, because if we can't, we have real problems
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 16 March 2019 10:21:17 PM
Yuyutsu Quote "Dear Philip,

«What happened in NZ should not have happened.»

But it did.

Could anything happen without or against God's will?

Then it seems that you blame God, believing that you know better."

** Please explain how you arrived at this conclusion "Then it seems that you blame God, believing that you know better" **

** I make no mention of a god or a higher being, and you somehow you have interpreted that I blame an entity that I made no mention of please explain. **

** I see you can't even read properly ** Quote "«Out of 100%, where do people lay the blame for what happened.»"

NOTICE THIS
** CORRECTION **

CHANGE TO WHO IS TO BLAME, doing it proportionally out of 100% is unrealistic with the information we have.

You also said quote "We all want to have these atrocities stop, but blame is not the answer. Instead, sure, look for future practical solutions if you can - and pray if you cannot."

Closed minded statement.
1st Blame is the answer to stopping things like this happening.
Without knowing who contributed to this you can't focus on preventing another occurrence.

Blame so far.
The shooter (need to know his motive etc.)
Where he got the guns.
Media would he have done it if he could not live stream it?
Politicians.
Friends etc of the shooter, did anyone else know what he was going to do.

** You can't "look for future practical solutions" until you analyze the above and probably some I have not thought of. **

Quote "and pray if you cannot." That went well for millions of people over the centuries from the Christians thrown to the lions to the Christians who have been killed for various reasons like refusing to convert to another religion in modern times.

** I think the problem is you appear to be a bible bashing christian and millions of people including myself are not. **
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 16 March 2019 10:21:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy