The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If true, this is absolutely crazy.

If true, this is absolutely crazy.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
Year Three students will be given 'ethnic clothes' to try on and boys will be encouraged to 'explore gender' by wearing girls' dresses under new school program

Boys and girls in year three will be encouraged to explore different gender roles in class and wear ethnic clothing as part of a controversial new program.

The fresh syllabus, which has the backing of the McGowan Government in Western Australia, will be introduced to a handful of Perth schools from term one in February.

Students will be provided with a range of dress ups and toys and will also learn about different kinds of ethnic dress such as burkas, traditionally worn by women of Islamic faith.

The primary aim of the course, previously introduced to over a dozen Victorian schools in 2018, is to break down gender stereotypes.

Up to 10 schools in Western Australia will take part in the $1million Respect Relationships program.

Speaking on breakfast radio with veteran broadcaster Alan Jones in Sydney, Mr Morrison said he didn't 'want the values of others being imposed on my children' before adding 'it shouldn't happen at a public or private school.'

Simone McGurk, the Minister for Prevention of Family and Domestic Violence, happily supports the program.

'By introducing respectful relationships in schools, we can continue to implement cultural changes in attitudes towards family and domestic violence,' she said.

'Early interventions can be critical.'

A spokesperson from the Western Australia Department of Education wouldn't confirm or deny whether 'dressing up' will be part of the 2019 gender education program, stating the 'curriculum is still being developed.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6545893/Year-three-children-given-range-dress-ups-toys-gender-education-program.html
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 2 January 2019 5:20:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And here I was thinking you might be alluding to 'Boys Can Have Periods'.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/school-life/uk-primary-school-introduces-new-nongendered-sex-education/news-story/91f1391fe8adcf2674698e40a6dd5268
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 3 January 2019 3:29:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As far as I'm aware the WA curriculum is still being
developed. It has not been implemented or fully explained.
We should perhaps wait and see what develops before commenting.

Although, I read that perhaps -
we should consider banning
not only the Scottish kilt, but
any pictures with Jesus wearing robes in any
painting from the last hundred years. And, why stop
there? We should also include banning pictures of
Egyptian Pharaohs, Javanese sarongs Roman togas,
Japanese kimonos, the Suadi thaub, Greek ethnic dress
that has skirts on their men. Pictures of Popes,
Cardinals, Priests, all wearing rather feminine garb,
hats, swinging "hand-bags," the list could go on.

I saw a bloke the other day wearing what looked like
a female nightie in the supermarket. Perhaps I should
have said something to him? Or maybe he was just hung-over
from New Year? He was a big blokey bloke as well.

Where do we draw the line? Much better to stick with
the nylon budgie-smugglers that we can all see through
when wet. That's the best macho - image to pass on to
our kids.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 January 2019 4:34:01 PM
Armchair Critic Saw that one but it defied too much logic.

Foxy Quote "We should perhaps wait and see what develops before commenting."

You want us to close the door after the horse has bolted, don't you think that might be a bit late then?

After your above comment the rest was just dribble.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 3 January 2019 5:35:26 PM
"Saw that one but it defied too much logic."

I'm curious as to the method in which boys can now have periods; Or actually

- One part is curious; another part REALLY doesn't want to know -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 3 January 2019 5:52:39 PM
A million Dollars would help at least 20 needy families to keep going for a whole year.
It just goes to show that people with not an ounce of sense get voted in by even more insipid members of the public.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 3 January 2019 5:57:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy