The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The NSW State Election March 28th 2015

The NSW State Election March 28th 2015

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear Paul1405,

Thanks for the news. I am in NZ until the end of the month, and your post is the first I have heard of the NSW election.

One can expect the dinosaur parties to gang up on the Greens by exchanging preferences against the Greens in future elections. In NZ 85% of power requirements are supplied by environmentally friendly geothermal and hydroelectric processes. Wind farms supply some of the rest. Australia could exploit solar power to a much greater extent. I am in the peninsula above Auckland, and there are many signs against the incursions of the mining companies.
Posted by david f, Sunday, 29 March 2015 3:30:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi David,

Yes, The Greens have done very well in NSW, a strong pointer for the future is the number of "safe" dinosaur seats in which we finished second. The result in the new seat of Summer Hill, we ran a clear second with 40% TPP, a seat with a strong future for The Greens. We were also pleased with the re-election of the Independent Alex Greenwich in Sydney, Alex gained a 9% swing, so much for the 'Get Clover Campaign'it totally backfired on the conservatives, Clover is still Lord Mayor and Alex is in the state parliament in her place.
The biggest failure of them all had to be the 'No Land Tax Party', a shadowy mob with no polices and plenty of money, they failed to register on the radar when the votes were counted. I'm also reasonably confident the 'Two Bobs' will become the 'One Bob' with Shooters and Hooters Bob Ballsup looking bad to retain his upper house seat, Is Mise wont be pleased as it could very well pass to Justin Field for The Greens.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-28/nsw-election-greens-balmain-newtown-ballina-lismore/6356098

Hi Is Mise, I answered your questions time and time again, once more for the dummies!

<<You refused to answer why Shoebridge lied about the Lyndt Cafe terrorist having a gun licence and you refused to say why the lie is still on the Green's website, you refused to say why he and other Green MPs lied about Brian Boyle.>>

David responded to a statement by Tony Abbott, and his response is there for the historical record,

Boyle a responsible public servant in a sensitive position, was found to be cavorting improperly with the 'Two Bobs' from the Shooters and Hooters Party, and there was no alternative, Boyle had to be lanced! Boozy Barry seen to that. End of story.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 29 March 2015 6:01:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

I am so happy that the Greens have done well
in NSW. Hopefuly this is just the beginning
and a sign of things to come - nationwide.
My family members who are Green supporters
are looking very optimistically towards the
future.

Well Done Greens!
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 March 2015 9:54:51 AM
Paul,

"David responded to a statement by Tony Abbott, and his response is there for the historical record,"

[Two and a half hours after the Federal police had corrected their mistake and told the PM that it was in error; that Monis did not have a NSW licence, so Shoebridge was lying, as usual, or his advisers were not on the job. If it must be left up for the historical record then there ought to be an explanation appended so that no one gets the wrong idea,until then it's a deliberate lie].

Boyle a responsible public servant in a sensitive position, was found to be cavorting improperly with the 'Two Bobs' from the Shooters and Hooters Party, and there was no alternative, Boyle had to be lanced! Boozy Barry seen to that. End of story.

Regardless of what Boyle may or may not have done, you have still not said why Shoebridge & Co lied about him.

The Greens certainly have done well, but Australian Democracy has suffered, but not much because they will be mere onlookers in the Lower House.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 29 March 2015 12:20:59 PM
Hi Foxy,

I am glad with the result, particularly with the win by Jenny Leong in Newtown. Jenny is not a natural politician but put in a huge personal effort over many months. Labor's Penny Sharpe was an excellent and very experienced opponent and the ALP lost nothing with Penny, they threw every thing they had at the seat in time and money, but Jenny stuck at it even though at times others were prepared to write the seat off as a Labor win. The hard job began this morning, representing the people of the area, people who may not be seen as "normal" by some of us, a little odd even, but never the less deserving of a voice just the same, now they have one in Jenny. Certainly the best thing to come out of the whole election for me.

Is Mise, I'll take David's advice and apply the 'hat argument', like the dog with a bone, you hold on to it, and chew away to your hearts content.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 29 March 2015 2:32:53 PM
Run, Paul, run.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 29 March 2015 3:20:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy