The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Impending Execution of Messre CHAN & SUKUMARAN: Morally right, or Wrong ?

Impending Execution of Messre CHAN & SUKUMARAN: Morally right, or Wrong ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
I've just heard that Messrs CHAN and SUKUMARAN are listed amongst the next prisoners to be executed by firing squad in Indonesia. Most of you know, that I'm against Capital Punishment per se. That said, I believe these two are amongst the worst of the drug dealers that have been apprehended in Indonesia thus far ?

CHAN the architect and planner, and SUKUMARAN the enforcer and muscle man of the group ? Neither are angels, and deserve the longest of prison sentences. SUKUMARAN a standover man of some reputation and I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. While CHAN a sneaky, nasty little 'prick' who used dull witted SUKUMARAN to do his physical bidding. However, should they be executed ? I say no, but lock 'em up for fifty years without any possibility of parole !

What do you good people say ? Am I wrong ? If so, do you believe they deserve their 'firing squad' fate ?
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 3 February 2015 10:47:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No, I think execution is an admission of failure.
They should be put to prison work making some government used
product, like mail bags, for the rest of their lives.
Find the most boring job for them and keep them on it for life.
The trendies of this world will call it torture.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 4 February 2015 7:45:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah. Imagine what must be going through their minds :(

A great waste of human potential.

And mind you, some of Asia's great business magnates raised their seed capital in a pretty similar manner... just Google the background of some of Macao's/Hong Kong's movers and shakers.
Posted by SPQR, Wednesday, 4 February 2015 7:58:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's indonesian law so be it. You can't say they don't know the consequences. What they would get in $ outweighs the crime.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 4 February 2015 9:10:29 AM
Whether these guys are 'changed' men now or not is not the issue.
The fact remains that the Indonesian law states you will be put to death if you are a drug dealer, and they were proved to be drug dealers.
The punishment still stands.

That being said, I think the firing squad execution is barbaric and outdated.
They should be killed by lethal injection.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 4 February 2015 9:33:24 AM
Dear o sung wu,

I think they should have a life sentence ended by their death from natural causes. Their lawyer claims they are changed men as shown by their work in rehabilitation of other prisoners. They should be allowed to continue that work.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 4 February 2015 10:02:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy