The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rolf Harris

Rolf Harris

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. ...
  14. 121
  15. 122
  16. 123
  17. All
o sung wu,
That sure is one classic "Rogues Gallery" you bring to life there old pal.
Over the years you start to forget the names but the deeds never go away.
I remember Roy Thurger and the Oceanic and Coogee Bay pubs and I think I actually miss them in some small way.
I actually had a conversation with an old colleague the other day and we were talking about how easy it really was to 'handle' the hoods of the day. Today you wouldn't wander amongst the crims with less than a 12g pump and a 223 semi and plenty of back up.
90% of the 'knockabouts' I knew could well have been called 'gentlemen' compared to these gits today.
The old "Bunch of C#@ts" in Sussex St and the "The Bells" were my favored intel gathering spotes and we used to sort info out with the beaks and crime reporters in the old "Ox on the Rocks" over the best steaks and mussels in town.
God I miss it.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Sunday, 6 July 2014 9:26:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,
"I have been wondering why they picked on Harris. There must be just so many more even higher profile celebrities, lawyers, judges, politicians etc who'd offer even more interesting exposure than him ?
Be very circumspect and careful when you enter this domain.
You are entering the arena of the pedophile networks (alive and well today)
There a couple of us on this forum that could tell you a lot more than would be good for you to know, but that;s another story.
Remember Franka Arena (Tina Arena's mum and remember her fate when she started to air the dirty washing in parliament}
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Sunday, 6 July 2014 9:32:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear individual,

How dare you.

You sir are utterly contemptible.

I remind you again that these are your words;

“I think it's a crystal clear case of the true face of feminism in its whole glory. The girls just led him on until they realised money could be made by stitching a bloke up. I know ordinary blokes who are no different but their behaviour is tolerated because they have no fame nor money. Many feminists are just so callous & opportunistic.”

8 to 13 year old girls leading him on?

Instead you simper “I'm not defending Harris”. That is a deflection. You have not been accused of defending his behavior instead you stand rightfully condemned of attacking the victims saying they 'led him on'. It is cowardly, low and spiteful.

You have not retreated nor apologised in any manner for this ignorant, chauvinistic, hateful comment and now you are attacking someone who has herself been a victim.

Why are you still here?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 6 July 2014 10:13:59 PM
< History to be rewritten after conviction

Now, history must be rewritten. There are awards and titles to be revoked, plaques and paintings to be removed. >

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-05/rolf-harris-trial-reporting-downfall-of-childhood-hero/5574350

Hold on! Too much too soon.

Harris’ awards and artwork have got nothing to with his misdemeanours.

There is something fundamentally wrong with awards being revoked when they were given for a certain reason and now taken away for an entirely different reason which quite frankly has got nothing to do with why he got those awards in the first place.

Same logic with the removal of his artwork.

People need to be careful about overreacting here…. and regretting it later.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 6 July 2014 10:24:11 PM
in Indigenous communities child sexual abuse has been shown to be up to 50 times that of the wider community. Not the same outrage however except for any Govt. that tries to do something about it.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 6 July 2014 10:31:29 PM
'evening to you CHRISGAFF1000...

You're spot on with what you say about todays crooks ! They're not a patch on some of the blokes you and I would know from times past ? Today if you wanted to clear the public bar of any pub, you'd hose 'em out, because you'd never want to touch 'em, pure filth.

Speaking of pubs, and the old 'Bells', Jimmy Carruthers was the licensee down there for some time, I seem to recall ? His licence permitted him 'early opening' (0600h) in order to accommodate the change of shifts of the wharfies at Garden Island. You're right, sometimes you do get a bit nostalgic when you hear a name, or an event, or something ? There were some good blokes in the job, I often wonder what happened to them, where they are and what they're doing ? Musing upon days gone by, an indelible sign of my advancing dotage I'm afraid.
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 6 July 2014 11:01:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22