The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rolf Harris

Rolf Harris

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. ...
  14. 121
  15. 122
  16. 123
  17. All
Hi there FOXY...

I couldn't agree with you more. There are no winners in matters such as the Rolf Harris crimes. Despite the best efforts of law enforcement, the judiciary, the medical profession and anyone else who might claim to be a stake holder, this type of heinous crime (paedophilia) has been around since time in memorial. Without any prospect of either a cure or favourable change.

Unfortunately, there are some crimes, generally those against the person, particularly of a sexual nature, we'll never manage to eradicate them. I guess we all realize that human nature being what it is, has some inherently evil components within. And there's nothing much that can be done about that.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 5 July 2014 9:38:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,
" coppers may suspect even know an individual is guilty of an offense. But he must prove it to a point beyond that of a reasonable doubt"
Mate, that is how far backward "the job" has gone.
I remember a case involving the head of the old Tramways Union (Tommy Juno) who had half the kids on the North Shore of Sydney acting out sex roles for his camera which he sold on to his pedophile associates.
He was so far entrenched in the corrupt system of government of the day that he was untouchable.
They found him in a open grave at Botany cemetery with his legs, all three of them, chopped off and bled out.
One of the coppers they believed to have carried out the extra judicial "topping" was my brother who was on paid suspension from that day to the day he retired (22 years later and three ranks up),
The courts couldn't or wouldn't convict so there were willing men who did the tasks on behalf of the community.
Warren Lamfranchi was a classic case of coppers knowing and courts failing to act. Roger did.
Not today so the community suffers in silence
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Saturday, 5 July 2014 9:48:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there CHRISGAFF1000...

How the job has changed. I don't believe I'd survive in it today. What you say is spot on. A bit of 'sidewalk' justice did wonders with some of the slugs we had to deal with then. Today there's no fear, nor respect, even any assistance rendered to the coppers now. Your body armour is worn backwards to protect yourself from both peers and superiors alike...a sad, sad state of affairs.

Remember, the Oceanic and Coogee Bay pubs back in those days, they were part of the Millers group ? Saturday arvo, you'd have your snouts informing on their mothers if you'd let 'em - the likes of 'Dutchy van Hooten, Mick the Turk and other notables at the bottom bar of the Oceanic. With big Roy Thurger wandering around stunned because he was always pissed, as the 'Doorman'. You'd possibly remember he was shot dead outside his Laundrymat, as he attended there to pick-up his takings from the place ? He could hold his hands up though, only beaten (points) by Bobby Dunlop for the Empire Light Heavyweight title. He was also an associate too of Joe Meisner (incorrect spelling, sorry) some sort of karate champion, anyway he'd take care of many of the SP bookies with their enormous takings.

Times have changed Chris, and so have we I suspect ? Take it easy mate.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 5 July 2014 11:22:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

"Out of that ganging up lot you definitely get the crown...."

I'm going to address that comment as you now appear to think we're ganging up on you.

Did it ever occur to you that not only have your comments on this thread been controversial, but for you, late in the thread, to deny the gist of them is an insult to fellow posters' intelligence?

You came onto this thread with all guns blazing, with seemingly the main intention to deflect blame from the perpetrator, Rolf Harris, and plant it squarely at the feet of his victims and their defenders.

Some of your comments have been outrageous - not least your reply to me after I had related my own painful experience from childhood.

It's not all that easy to talk about things like that on a public forum, but I was genuinely trying to add another dimension to the discussion by telling it from an assaulted child's point of view.

To have you reply thus

"Btw, did you end up getting your stepfather locked up or wasn't he famous enough ?"

...was gobsmackingly offensive. Here again you displayed a complete lack of empathy for a child's plight in that situation. Your despicable comment is probably the worst of its kind I've encountered in all my time on OLO.

I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised that you would dismiss my own childhood experience with such cruelty. You have flitted about on this thread variously accusing Harris's victims of setting him up, trying to get fame, to make money from cooking up molestation stories. You've blamed feminists. You've tried to divert the thread to talk about the sex trade in Asia. You've had a go at lefties and Labor, mums, lawyers.......anyone but bloody Rolf Harris!

If you're feeling the heat from criticism - you're the one who's been stoking the fire.

SteeleRedux

Yes : )
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 6 July 2014 1:19:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Poirot.

Indi, I thank you for the crown. As I read it Harris has been fairly treated by the British justice system, and he was entitled to nothing less than fair treatment under the law. he got it and it will continue for him. Unfortunately, fair treatment wasn't something he afforded his victims.
The "good" thing to come out of this, is not Harris's conviction, but the fact that it has promoted many other victims of these types of crimes to come forward and report what happened to them in the past. I'm sure that was never good old Rolf's intention, but lets "thank"him for that.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 6 July 2014 6:44:18 AM
IM Pposting this here/cause its to topic

ant says..by way of redirection<<..A skype interview with Dr Shakhova below...There are clips showing how ice containing methane can be lit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQDVr1eMLK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BVsS6vo60Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ooWqpCdZE
Posted by ant>>>

THIS WAS SAID/IN REPLY
TO A RATHER BIASED BIGOTED REPLY/FROM ME
that revealeD HOW/his claimed experience*[with a hundred square miles of melting tundra[is clearly localised/but he compounds his ERROR*

the point where this interelates..is life isnt black/nor white
its about how EVERYstory has two sides[and once we judged/ANYTHING*..we became one-eyed

i think/nothing better reveals/this inherant human weakness [loVE]
hw once we love/things..we blind ourselves/to the other things

its rumoured god is one-eyed/he only sees us via our loves
we dont notice when he 'sins'..cause we dont dare judge god

lets face it/rolf is a bloke*
made a faulse god..[and every false-god/hAS feet rooted in the dirt

lets return/to the falty reasoning[of the one in call ant]

DEAR ANT
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=16430&page=23

<<..In relation to methane; disputing methane shows a misunderstanding of what happens when permafrost melts>>

mate/the area\..of the melt'..is minute/in relation/to the total combines methane emisions from wormfarms/and far less than home compost bins/or rpotting food we never een ate/yet transported arround the world/frozeN/THEN DEFROSTED/PURE METHANE BMEASUABLE/IN LIGHT-YEARS/AND YOR CRYING ABOUT A LOCAL-EVENT?

<<>>and how it reacts in water>>

MATEY//ICE MELT=water..99 percent the tundra=still under ice/you got a few hundred square miles/a local event

>>,,.The science is there,..>>

but its been manipulated/modeled modified/set up to fail
paid to blog bloggers speading one eyed science bling

<<>.no way of challenging it.>>
cause your one eye/wont see/your own reproof
you bought into the lie/roffle harris is a pervert

dont want to know more
but we all sinned/none of us has clean hands
we all fight our imnnerr demons/but few act it out[even fewer get bent out of shaPE/BY A LOCALISED EVENT

<<MORE/ANT-RANT> \..It's a bit like
challenging the existence of oxygen.>>

YES/IM FINALLY CONVINCED*
one-eyed/mate..why/because you judged.

PS/i/FIXED UP..YOUR HttP*PS-MESS 2
cause/i..dont\need..hide..'your/proof'
proof/of what..eh-wot?

love you so much poirot*
the one thing never forgot.
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 6 July 2014 9:44:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20