The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rolf Harris

Rolf Harris

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 121
  8. 122
  9. 123
  10. All
I was very dismayed when I heard the news that Rolf Harris had been found guilty on all 12 charges and now faces a substantial jail term.

Sorry, but this just doesn’t add up.

It seems that the worst of it was a bit of groping, which really amounts to somewhat risqué activity, and nothing worse than that.

He apparently did it openly, and gained a reputation for it. Even though he was known as The Octopus as a result of this, he was generally not thought of as being a pervert or pedophile, nor anything of the sort.

It really could be, and I would strongly suggest should be, interpreted as nothing more than playful behaviour, if at times a little worrying for some young women.

Comparing him to the likes of pedophile priests or Jimmy Savile is like comparing a flea to a walrus.

I think Rolf has copped a very raw deal here.

Your thoughts……
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 2 July 2014 10:50:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig,
I think it's a crystal clear case of the true face of feminism in its whole glory. The girls just led him on until they realised money could be made by stitching a bloke up. I know ordinary blokes who are no different but their behaviour is tolerated because they have no fame nor money. Many feminists are just so callous & opportunistic.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 3 July 2014 6:24:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bet you two wouldnt be saying that if it was your daughters that he groped.
Posted by mikk, Thursday, 3 July 2014 7:09:41 AM
LUDWIG...jesus in acim/talks of........extreem examples/that
physicly.embody/mortal sins[you haVE\HEARD OF.....SINNING/IN THE HEART[;SPIRITUALLY/ITS GUILT/...JUST THiNKING IT

dam/caps...anyhow/christ is the embodyment/of love thy neighbour
rolf/as much\as i wish/the same powers/embodies.now/that/excess we buIld in/DE-SPOILING\oUR KIDS/THAT raises he little demons/as if christ/incarnate\GODHEADS/thinking....they\are/god.

the sheeple\love the power/too much
and thats fine/groping your nutsac/is fine/TOO?/ok great
but maTE/IN\THE NEXT LIFE'.Ianything we thinking/is known to all
between mind reading/and voice-projection/there are no secrets/there

and rolf/and his mother/will soon/'be there'
he is 88?..still tied\to his mothers breast\warming his arm
thing is/.it shouldnt be/a big issue/but funny enough i got three techings/in it\just yesterday

case one\was a/3times/mother/plus-pram'in blue-jeans/who seemed to/be out walking/the vieuw was breathtaking/but i resisted/the demons/and walked past\briskly/not even\looking back/.i put the flowers.on dads grave.and went/to\the shops/deep-in\thought..

so deep/in thought/i missed/the front-vieuw\butt/by chance glanced/to seea beyonce/tight short skirt cradeling a botT/BEYONCE WOULD ENVEY
by/then i was facING AWAY\FROM THE SHOP/S0/JUST BREATHED=IN/THE GLORY/.........damm caps

anyhow'she turned\the corner/a thought came-out rush/down/the side street/just to see\the front/the rear/was perfection/but then my angels showed me;.stalking scum/and i turned/back/to the SHOP

AS I WANDERD/ON\I RECALLED.....THE MATURE TREES/KILLED CAUSE THEY WERE PLANTED/eOVER A SEWR/50 YEARS AGO/AND/.damm caps.there was a watcher/watching they didnt disturb/the bats\in a drained swamp/fast turning into/a rubbish pit..

anyhow yarned/with this shiela/mentioned/that\i been finding flowers/in rubbish bins-of late/mature/she said/i love flowers/so setting off\to the shop/I]thought/if still there/i would bring he a bunch.[just for fun]

anyhow the bins were empty/so i set oFF HOME/remembering the flowrs thing/started creating\an amasing bunch/of flowers/but in baCK-TRACKING TO THE SWAMP/CHANGED MY MIND\AND LEFT THEM NEar the cemetry

went home

now some/would have talked/.with diry minds
in the spirit-realm/we talk/only in our minds
thus in heaven/she would have seen\the the the lust.
and that/lust demon-lust be reigned in/.if only god didnt make them so cute[but i think its not god but satan/

by what right\do we even/have these tests

if its good/we will meet-in the next life
they will know/i loved/butt/from/a-far-having
no need to polute/such pureity\by the likes/such as me,
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 3 July 2014 7:45:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bet you two wouldnt be saying that if it was your daughters that he groped.
mikk,
my daughters would be telling him off & that'd be it ! (well, I don't have daughters) It's when kids were brought up in this warm'n fozzy PC world that they allow things like that to happen. You know, silly parents, even more silly kids.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 3 July 2014 8:17:59 AM
individual,

"....The girls just led him on until they realised money could be made by stitching a bloke up...."

Bloody Hell!

We are talking about quite young girls here. Notwithstanding that Harris's "groping" appears to be at the lower end of this sort of scale - if he'd done it to me or my daughter, I would have been shocked.

Just where does any man (or woman) get off putting his hands in anyone's private places - especially in the circumstance of a first meeting?

How do you lead someone on when you're only just meeting them and find their hands caressing your buttocks?

Rolf always seemed to me warm and generous. My childhood is imbued with that. If I'd met him and he'd done that, I would have been very confused and upset...just like those girls...not knowing what to do about it.

That's why he got away with it for so long.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 3 July 2014 8:58:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 121
  8. 122
  9. 123
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy