The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > White looking females attack elderly Aboriginal man on bus

White looking females attack elderly Aboriginal man on bus

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Dear Foxy, if you call people corrupt you cannot expect them to ignore it, nor to just shrug the offensiveness of the suggestion off. You need to apply the same standards to yourself that you appear to want to apply to others.

Common decency would suggest that you would apologise for such a comment.

On your other point this is an open forum and people can address whomever they like. You don't have to engage with them. If you are abused that is another matter. But I can't see that you have been.

By complaining on thread rather than having a valid reason to ask for a deletion you've actually succeeded in drawing more adverse attention to yourself than otherwise.

I suggest everyone get back to the topic here, or leave it alone if it is exhausted. I think the two assailants are claiming victim status. Surely we could talk about that instead.
Posted by GrahamY, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 8:47:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will take a spell.
But highlight it was OTB not me or Foxy who took this to the public.
In his post here and a long list of other taunting posts.
And would ask, what if all posters behaved like that here.
Using half truth and lies to taunt other posters.
I highlight again with out some fences, some reason taunting is not seen as OK we all suffer.
Banjo you know we must never use the fact Foxy or any one thinks differently, to justifie taunts or we are not a community.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 5:51:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In the interests of getting this thread back on track here is that link again about a couple of 'nice ladies'.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/teenage-sex-slaves-used-as-personal-atm-court-hears-20140304-341zf.html

If we think the couple that bashed and abused the old man are bad, have a look at this pair about exploiting young girls. I cannot think of a suitable penalty.

Who would be a copper or a DOCS worker?
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 9:22:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diminished responsibility through personal circumstances is a weak defence.

That and the traditional shield of positive stereotyping of women, even where they have committed disgusting offences against young girls, will likely see them escape the sort of custodial penalty that should apply.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 10:33:10 AM
Banjo and who ever wishes.
I have supported this thread from its first post.
As a favor can those critical of my actions here read the thread again.

And tell me how the whole blue would have started if not for the deliberate and off topic taunting from OTB

Now be honest, at least five past efforts from me to cool the taunting can be found in this forum.
In the end I charge OTB with the start and continual feeding of this event.
And take it as an insult to free speech that mine or Foxy,s thoughts opinions and words play any role in our being targeted.
My spell, apart from watching this thread begins.
I offer my thanks to every contributor Friend or foe as in fact I search for a possible new site, not unhappy here but unable to not think I see a bias, that is unwilling to hold OTB accountable for his actions.
My regards Graham.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 11:08:30 AM
To add to the case reported in the OP and the later disturbing case posted by Banjo, it is common for street kids and 'kid' is a broad term including teens, to assault school students.

http://tinyurl.com/m4layq8

In the vicinity of fast food outlets like Maccas, gangs of young thugs male and female standover school students for money and likely molest them anyhow.

My family have volunteered for years with Surf Life Saving and see thuggery first hand daily on and around beaches that used to be safe and carefree. Although there always was a small and persistent rogue element terrorising the public around the NSW/Qld border. These are not the surfs of years ago who would live on a loaf of bread and share digs to surf. They are youths, male and female, who gravitate to the Coast, never intend to work and choose crime as a way of life and as a recreation. Most likely their families were the same. There is a certain mentality, and it is by choice.

The excuses of socio-economic alienation and sad inheritance from an unsatisfactory upbringing can only go so far to explain their behaviour. There are many others with similar backgrounds who are peaceful, law-abiding and work.

What can police and DOCS do? First, through direct, real consultation with long term residents draw a comparison with what was and why with what is now and why. No-one would be surprised at all if much of it isn't the unforseen negative consequences of 'Progressive' social policies, such as the overwhelming proportion of fatherless families, and poorly screened immigration. That is just to pick two. One could go on with soft courts and lack of concern about victims, poorly resourced and poorly supported police and so on, but those are the outcomes of populist, political 'Progressive' policies anyhow.

We want our Gold Coast back. Remember the happy-go-lucky crowds with fun and a swim on their minds, nothing more? But then everyone wants their suburbs and cities back too.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 1:35:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12