The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Your throughts

Your throughts

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 30
  12. 31
  13. 32
  14. All
Dear spindoc,

I pride myself on my dinner-parties and
I wouldn't dream of inviting only people with
"like-minded" views and or only "kindred spirits."
I love nothing more than a challenge and robust
discussions. My dinner-parties would be extremely
boring if we all agreed. And I can assure you they're
not.

As for my using the term "neanderthal" - that's a
term that I apply not to people who have different
views to mine but to people who aren't capable of
reasoned, intelligent argument. Who don't argue in
a logical manner and continue to make unreasonable
generalisations every time. They're people who are
stuck in a rut, dogmatic, pig-headed, obstinate,
and abusive. They're people I chose to simply ignore
and scroll past their posts.

I'm sure that those sort of people you wouldn't invite
to your dinner parties either. And I definitely would
not dream of labelling you a "progressive." :-)

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 10 January 2014 2:14:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BELLY...

What are you doing there old mate ? As you're well aware, we've all got our critics, some of 'em have good reasons to be critical, others not so good. BELLY, you've also implored me on enough occasions, with any censure, to just simply ignore it and move on.

Although you and I couldn't be further apart with our political tenets, we still tolerate each other's philosophically position on politics. Moreover, we often agree on most other issues, which at the end of the day, matter even less generally ! :-)

Graham YOUNG has kindly provided us all with this fantastic Forum which allows you and I, and many others in the community to ventilate our opinions and views. Without it, we the ordinary person in the street, would NOT have such a vehicle in which to do so ?

Thus BELLY, just enjoy it. Please don't take any of this stuff to heart. You have many many, friends and admirers. And yes, a few detractors too. So please just stay on and 'suck it up' as they say, and move on !
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 10 January 2014 4:10:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought the post suggested, in looking for some other new pathways into the future, and I wasn’t disappointed. Fear is one of greatest focal points of our time, and within it, shows our true capabilities of we can do, without being so critical on one another. While the human race is facing its demons very well, I might add, so the confidence you show, will reflect . Life is a task, that for 100,s of millions of years, and all life has tried its hardest to become the forms, that we see each and very day. In my understandings, which is a lot, I can only ask with-in our space to think, and only then will the sun will come up with greater thoughts than we have now.
and how many times have we heard it.
I can sit here and tell you all where your going, but you can’t leed a horse to water and make it drink, but can teach it to think.

Belly…Harden up son….you know humans just as well as I do…..its a brave new world coming, I hope your ready for it…….and when I said LET IT RIP, I didn’t mean have a civil war. I for one have no animosity against you or anyone else for that matter, but some sure know how to teach bullyism….good luck with that….Now whats on my mind….well….the whole world knows whats on my mind and that’s with being true and honest, to the bone……Oh foxy….put down you’re your book for now:)…

So the 21th century frightens you……foxy, in a new world…don’t worry, the human race has been working it out long before you where born..I think that’s what’s really on your mind.

The words….” Iam over it”…..Think about this…get out of your brain cavity once in a while and better yourselves…..it doesn’t hurt, I was told:)
A bit cheeky,iam some times, but one hell of a true Australian.

So whats really on your minds?....Boat people...there on my mind constantly, taxes are to high,....and Ive heard some good one,s so far...what else?

Planet3……
Posted by PLANET3, Friday, 10 January 2014 5:52:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought while your having a great afternoon...this song is what,s on my mind just thinking of you:)...enjoy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jAHTKViJQQ

and we will do it together.

planet3
Posted by PLANET3, Friday, 10 January 2014 6:36:42 PM
Heres a better version.

And members...all respect.....and you cant go wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMz-OA_V4d8

now back to the topic.

Planet3
Posted by PLANET3, Friday, 10 January 2014 6:46:30 PM
Dear Planet3,

If you're happy and you know it -
Share your meds! ;-)
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 10 January 2014 7:05:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 30
  12. 31