The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > One Hundred Days all down hill

One Hundred Days all down hill

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. All
Sorry Paul, I think I misjudged you.
I presumed you knew why the RBA has large funds available.
Every now and then they detect someone trying to manipulate the
exchange rate. This is like what George Sorus did to sterling some years back.
It nearly sent Britain broke.
The RBA needs quickly available cash to counter that sort of stunt.
However, Wayne Swann left the RBA without enough readies for the task.
If no one tries it on, then all is well and they will just get a bit of interest in the over night market.

It really is as simple as that.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 19 December 2013 1:31:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
otb,

People can certainly judge where
I stand by my posting record on the subject of both
asylum seekers and economic refugees who come by plane
and overstay.
I have no intention of re-hashing here for you.

Suffice to say that I have and continue to ask that
our government forsake the spin and political
point-scoring and instead focus attention and effort on
gathering support for a co-operative regional approach.
We can't open our doors to all and sundry - that would
be counter-productive, as out country would not be able
to sustain more than a certain number of people.
I believe that I did mention to Loudmouth at one stage
that our intake should not exceed more than approx. 30,000
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 19 December 2013 6:01:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, "People can certainly judge where I stand by my posting record on the subject of both asylum seekers and economic refugees who come by plane and overstay"

You avoided the question as predicted.

People certainly can take you as being all for an 'open door' policy for the economic migrants who pay people smugglers to bring them in via the back door by boat, destroying their papers on the way.

Although most boats just stop off the coast of Indonesia and phone their contacts in Australia to call Australian authorities to send a cab, an expensive cab in the form of a Australian patrol boat.

As per usual the questions remain unanswered. Here again for you:

<OK, since you claim to be 'misrepresented' on the economic arrivals via the always expensive, sometimes risky, tourism arranged by people smuggling gangs, what about you state what you would do to put people smugglers out of business? Dot points are fine.

How exactly is your policy any different to the Greens and if so, where specifically? None of the rhetorical tricks, your policy please>
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 19 December 2013 6:12:32 PM
otb,

I don't respond very well to manipulation.
Try someone more gullible.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 19 December 2013 10:01:38 PM
Dear Belly,

Thanks for this thread. It's been a great opportunity
to tell it as we see it. Once again, have a Joyous Festive
Season - and as I always tell my friends - may you spirit
continue smiling, and your soul dance to good music.
Peace, Hope, Love.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 19 December 2013 10:23:59 PM
Bazz, unless you are a Glenn Stevens or someone, many would argue that it is totally unnecessary to pump $8.8 billion into the reserve at this time. That is a lot of insurance for what you term a "every now and then event". When did that event last occur in Australia? Yesterday, last week, last year, 1921, never. I totally agree, something that nearly sent "Britain broke", is deserving of Australia throwing $8.8 billion at. Far better to protect the bankers and financiers that spending on education of our children, or health services for our sick. Great, I'm so impressed.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 20 December 2013 5:54:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12