The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > how to suceed succesion ..?..[lamb-island]

how to suceed succesion ..?..[lamb-island]

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 49
  9. 50
  10. 51
  11. All
Folks, this is serious stuff...

I've read that they're going to have a plebiscite
on the new republic's 35 page constitution and a
caretaker government consisting of a king, a queen,
a prime minister, and 21 ministers. A local yachtsman,
Clint McDonald, stands ready to defend the micronation's
borders from invasion.

And if they need any advice they can always seek it
from Australia's most famous micronation, Hutt River
Province's - Prince Leonard in Western Australia.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 October 2013 11:28:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No need to go to the trouble of inventing a new country, Yuyutsu.

>>As for the dole, you won't need it any more - print your own money!<<

There's nothing preventing you from printing your own money today, without the inconvenience of appointing a king, queen etc. So long as you don't try to pass it off as Australian currency, of course. Best to make it look a little different, too, so you can't be had for counterfeiting.

The problem is not with the creation process, you can make yourself into a millionaire overnight. The difficulty comes in persuading people to accept it in exchange for goods and services. Not impossible, of course, particularly if the area of usage is fairly well defined - the Bristol Pound, for example, encourages the use of local tradespeople by the inhabitants of Bristol...

http://bristolpound.org/

Using your own currency as dole money might be a tad more difficult to manage, as it diverts buying power from the productive and of town to the unproductive.

But I'm sure that if Nguduroodistan is able to solve that one, their expertise will be in great demand, from every single country that has to fund a welfare system.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 3 October 2013 12:08:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We have seen such as this before.
Once an attempt to not pay tax.
Surely we all know it is a stunt to draw visitors or some such.
And no court would ever back it as well as no government.
The thought boat people are going to flock there is a laugh at best.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 3 October 2013 2:22:12 PM
Dear Pericles,

<<No need to go to the trouble of inventing a new country, Yuyutsu.>>

It is my understanding (can someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that currently in Australia, if you print your own money, you are still expected to pay tax on it in *real* Australian Dollars, even if you never had any.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't bother setting up a new independent country merely for financial reasons, including for the ability to print my own money. If I did declare independence (and fight for it if necessary), it would only be for more profound reasons: one is because my individual freedom is severely denied, the second is because the state severely denies the individual freedoms of others, and while I am not personally affected, my conscience would not allow me to be part of a state which does that.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 3 October 2013 2:53:22 PM
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 3 October 2013 9:57:15 AM

So true.

I wonder if they are looking forward to the prospect of some of those nulti-million dollar grants (taxpayers' dollars, naturally!) should there ever be another Labor government in Canberra?

Julia Whatshername was handing out those grants to islanders in the Torres Strait and elsewhere. Maybe the entrepreneurial Lamb Islanders reckon they are also due for the rain of gold from Canberra for 'flooding from global warming'.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-12/torres-strait-pleads-for-climate-change-action/2791376

Plenty of tidal land available in Moreton Bay for any who are into money-making lurks. There has just got to be a Native Title angle as well. Sit down and double the money! Hey, it is only taxpayers' money anyhow, isn't it?
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 3 October 2013 3:24:12 PM
Yes indeed it is only taxpayer's money
as John Howard, George Brandis, Barnaby Joyce,
Tony Abbott and many others on both sides of
politics - can also confirm.

Predictable politicians, as Peter Coleman tells us
in the Preface to "The Costello Memoirs," "whatever
they may say, most of them do not go into Parliament
to bring about particular reforms. They go in becaue
they find the life irrisistible. They want ot be
in it all their lives. They enjoy its exhilarating
highs and take its miserable (and tedious) lows in their
stride. They face long years in the wilderness with
equanimity. They take for granted the slander of fools.
They are politicians the way others are poets. They can't
help themselves."
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 October 2013 3:37:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 49
  9. 50
  10. 51
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy