The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > how to suceed succesion ..?..[lamb-island]

how to suceed succesion ..?..[lamb-island]

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 49
  8. 50
  9. 51
  10. All
Lamb Island residents..are voting to secede from Australia

http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/19216982/qld-island-to-vote-on-independence/?cmp=fb

The people of Lamb Island..are off to the polls on October 19th, to vote on seceding from Australia.

If successful,..a plebiscite will be held on Saturday 26th October to pass the draft constitution of the new Independent Republic of Nguduroodistan -

or IRON for short.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/021013-lamb-island.mp3

it dont seem like a joke?

the only question raised..in comments..was how about the dole?
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 2 October 2013 6:48:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Excellent, good on them!

The smaller the country/state, the more options one has to find another place if and when the laws become too harsh and oppressive.

Hogging a whole continent by one regime, imposing the same laws on all people just because they happen to live where they are, leaving no other options, is an immoral and unjust crime.

I do hope that this precedent will urge more states and territories to secede from the commonwealth, turning Australia from a federation into a confederation, in order to give their residents more options and create a competition between the states over where people can live more freely.

For example, I like this state - whose founder needed to declare an independent state in order to create Israel's first nudist beach:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/middle-east/travel-tips-and-articles/14858
(a preview of a new film about it in http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-uC5Z2dB1oLs/achziv_a_place_for_love/)

Now, if Labor ever comes back to power in Australia, the people of Lamb Island will be able to decide for themselves whether or not they want to have an NBN.

As for the dole, you won't need it any more - print your own money!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 3 October 2013 9:00:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I once spent some time living on my yacht moored off my waterfront storage shed, & sort of weekender, on Russell Island, in the same group as Lamb.

On one occasion a group of us, with the assistance of a local real estate agent, who had access to the details, worked out how much the Redlands council picked up in rates from Russell Island.

They were getting over 100 times what they spent on the island. WE figured it was fair to say their new council chambers had been paid for a couple of times over by the long suffering folk on the bay islands. I fully understand the annoyance of Lamb island residents.

I also understand OUG's mention of the dole. There were quite a few work shy folk living on the island. This was a very good argument for curtailing immigration, as most of those work shy people were overseas born. Interestingly a large percentage of those were islanders originally, coming from another smallish island just off the coast of France. You would think that with English as a first language, they could have done better for themselves & us.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 3 October 2013 9:57:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
your right yu
they can print their own..money
[as long as..its held..on behalf of all..for the benefit..of all

and as a formalized currency..necessitates currency exchange
via treaty..[that hopefully will be enshrined..in the constitution

also important..i feel..is that age sex race employment especially VOTING-age bias..be forbidden..in our founding constitution

and that visitors etc
have rights to.have a partial say
in the tax free state..BANK..where they may chose..to send their pay

visitors should need apply..[on the ferry]
for a passport..[for minimal fee..money/credit
plus..iits all..on the Nguduroodistan smart/swipe card]

[only official..money/credit can be used..on the islands
although..visitors may pay a license transponder fee..[so locals cant pay tourist prices]

[buy/sell..using local notes/exchange it
on arriving/leaving via ferry..or via local./.[redlands business/banks or..otherwise certified money exchanges ]

i live in the redlands suburbia
the money sucked from the suburbs..
that goes directly away from redlands..is massive
[we too..may sign a treaty..or succeed in succession..ourselves]

see states..towns/city centers
its all..mainly..for the locals..that live there
or..the tourists that visit..from there..not us stuck..in suberbia

us suburbanites pay..just as much
as..the islanders..but get no local/benefit either

there is..no local monetary..or asset/dividend
no obvious social capital return

they..on an..island
us..in the sea/wilderness..of suburbia..
we both..pay too much..to too..many state-hood statuted revenue raising frauds
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 3 October 2013 10:49:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If it is Independent of Australia, just go there abuse the ruler (whoever) hop on a boat and come to Australia as an asylum seeker.

COME ONE COME ALL Lamb Island awaits you, no visa or documents needed.

I personally will help you get to Australia for the low low price of $10,000 get in early before Tony finds out.

This place has merit for the following.

This offer is especially good if you have lots of children, or if you are old and in your country there is no social security system.

Also if you are young and there is no employment in your country, or if you just want to be a dole bludger.

Also if the wage in your country is low.

Benefits
1) Preferential housing.
2) The dole.
3) Free legal services.
4) Free medical.
5) Free dental.
6) Refugee advocates climbing over each other to help you.
7) Welfare for life.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 3 October 2013 11:02:08 AM
Very interesting.

There's another micro-nation in Australia that you don't hear much about, called Snake Hill Principality. It has recognition from the Queen, the USA, and various other nations.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Thursday, 3 October 2013 11:22:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 49
  8. 50
  9. 51
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy