The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > how to suceed succesion ..?..[lamb-island]

how to suceed succesion ..?..[lamb-island]

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. ...
  14. 49
  15. 50
  16. 51
  17. All
You..vaguely know..that..the course..is intended..for some/sort of preparation...I can..only say..that you..are not prepared.

I..was amused..when you..reminded B...that..he,.too,..was being prepared..for something..quite unexpected,..and/he said,..he was..not at all..curious..about..what it was...my expectation.

This disinterest..is very characteristic..of him..when he is afraid...Interest .and fear..do NOT go/together,..as
your respective..fearful[illusery]...human-behavior..clearly shows.

Mental retardation..is a//defense which,..like..the others
[EXCEPT the Atonement],..can/be used.on behalf.of error..*or truth, as..elected...by..our mind'swill.

When it occurs in REALITY,..it is a temporary..device,..agreed on beforehand,..to check the..miscreative/abilities..of strong but misdirected-wills.

It is necessary..that this..appropriate use..of..the defense
BE..*considered real,..because..otherwise..it cannot serve...the..dispelling..of the hurtful/illusory construct..we materialized/mani-festerd..as real..for ourselves.

The lesson involves..not only..the individual himself,
but also..his parents,..siblings,..and all of those who come in close relation with him...The VALUE of..the experience.depends on the need of each..particular learner.

The person..is..of himself..a..POOR learner,..by definition,
is..only as a step..toward changing..from a bad-weill to a good one..fulfilled.

Mental retardation..[willful ignorance/
abeyance's..ill-wrought..can..also be used..as a maladaptive defense, if..the wrong..defense-reflex..[flight].(or [fight]..motivated/activated/attack)..side..is employed...

This produces..the “pseudo-retardation-syndrome”..which is justly/classified..as a..psychiatric..(or disturbed-level)..symptom.

Both of you..do this..all the time.

B...acts..as if he does not..understand..even
his OWN..special language,..let alone..mine,..and..you..cannot/read at all.[thanks be..2.our father..that you scribe]

This ..represents..a joint-attack..on both
yourselves..AND me,..because...it renders YOUR/mind'-will weak,..and mine..thus incompetent.[2b..agrivated..by johan..[and..this teaching..left uncompleted]

Remember,..this..puts you..in a truly..fearful position...by your own will.

If..you cannot..understand
either..your own mind..OR mine,.
you do not..KNOW..what is..really being..
distilled..by that..i willed...into..your hearts/mind.

It is..thus..IMPOSSIBLE to..avoid conflict,/as defined before, because even if/you act..ACCORDING TO my will,..you wouldn’t know it...from your own..many-fold willings.

The next part..of this course..rests too heavily..on
the earlier part..not to REQUIRE its..applie4d/active/participative/intensive-study...Without this,..you will become..much too fearful when the unexpected..revelation...DOES occur..to make constructive use of it.

However,..as you study..the notes,[like a beloved//studies his loved ones face]..you will see..some of the..obvious implications,..unless you still persist..in misusing the defense..of mental retardation.[wilful-deliberated..fear full..ignorance.]

Please remember that..its constructive use,..described above,
is hardly a REAL part of your/own REAL proper equipment...It is a particularly inappropriate defense..as you use it, and..I can only urge you..to avoid it.

The reason..why a solid foundation..is necessary..at this point is because of..the highly..likely confusion..of “fearful” and “awesome,” which..most people..do make.

You will..remember that..we said..once before
that awe..is inappropriate..in connection..with the/Sons-of God, because..you..should not..experience awe..in the..presence of..your own
equals.

page69
http://miraclevision.com/acim/urtext/acim-urtext-2003-upe-ready-edition.pdf
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 23 October 2013 8:29:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
you..should not experience..awe..in the presence..of your own
equals...But..it WAS emphasized..that awe.IS a proper/reaction..of the Soul*..in the presence/of..its Creator.

So far,..this course...has had only indirect recourse to God,
and rarely..even refers..to.Him directly...I.. have repeatedly emphasized..that awe..is not appropriate*..in connection..with me, BECAUSE of our..inherent equality..[before..each-other]

I..have been careful..to clarify.my own role..in
the Atonement,..without..either over..or under-stating it...I have tried..to do exactly..the same/things..in connection with yours.

The next step,..however,..DOES involve...the direct approach..to God Himself...It would/be most unwise..to start on this step..at all without..very careful preparation,.*or awe.will/surely be confused with..fear,..and the experience..will be more traumatic..than beatific.

Healing..is of God..in..the..beginning..or..at..the end.
The means..are..carefully explained..in the notes.

Revelation..has occasionally..SHOWN you the end,..but to reach it..the means ..are needed...heeded/ceded/seeded.

(The following..INtroduction..dictated by HS..without notes.)

The following..is..*the only detailed-description..which
need be written down..so..as to..reveal..how..[how] error interferes with preparation...The events..specifically referred to here..could be
any events,*..nor does their particular/influence matter.

It is the process..which is/to be
noted here,..and not..its results.

The kind of beliefs,./and the fallacious/premises..involved
in..misthought..are as well exemplified here..as elsewhere. ..There is nothing..of special/interest..about the events described below, EXCEPT..their typical..mundane..nature.

If this is a true/course..in mind-reminding/training,..then the whole value..of this section.rests ONLY in showing you..*what NOT to do.

The more..constructive-emphasis is,..of course,
on the positive..mindset..optimist..entrusting/relaxed approach.

Mind-watching..would have prevented..any of this
from occurring,..and will*..do so..any time..*you permit it to.

(Following..is from notes)
Tell B. that the reason..why he was so strained/yesterday is because he allowed..himself..a number of fear-producing..attitudes.[negative avermenmt's]

They were..fleeting enough..to be more
will-of-the-wisps..than serious will-errors,
but..unless he watches..attentively..for..this kind of thing, he
WILL find the notes fearful, and, knowing him well, will mis-distantiate...

His unprovoked/irritation..was unpardonable..[impatience]..
EXCEPT by himself,..and he did..*not choose*..to pardon it.
YOU did,..but I am afraid..you were under..some strain in doing so.

This was unfortunate,..and weakened..your own ability to behave healthily toward B...at the time,..and late.. also/toward Louis, both of whom..DID act stupidly.

But..one stupidity..at a time is usually/enough. ..you are getting too close..to the misuse..[ab-use]..of mental retardation..when stupidity sets/in all around.

B., having..already weakened himself,..was very
un-miracle-minded,..first by not asking/Dora..if she wanted..a lift in the cab,..which was going..her way...

Even if..she didn’t..want it,>>>..

yes..christ..does mundane..too
he..is ever..near..[NO-FEAR?]..do..try to hear.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 23 October 2013 8:54:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
page69

Even/if..she didn’t..want it,..she would/have..been able..to use/the thought.well...There is/probably..no human-error..that/is more fear-provoking..(in..the-will/behavior-conflict/sense)..than countering...*any form of/error..with//further/error.

The result..can be/highly inflammable.[volatile]
so..By reacting..to Dora’s/stupidity..with his own,..all of the elements..which are virtually/certain..to engender fear..have been
provided.[activated/set in-train][pre..being..set-in-stone][fixated]

B..should note..that this is one/of the few times..that he had to wait..for a cab...He/thought..he took care of it.by holding the door of a cab..which did come..*for that lady,..but/he..was misguided..in this belief.

*Beliefs..are THOUGHTS,..and..thus..can
come..under Christ guidance,..*NOT control.

Actually,..by giving..this cab to her,.he was very unkind.to you.
It..was quite apparent..that you were extremely cold,..and also very late...The idea that giving/her the cab..would atone..for his previous errors..was singularly/out of place,..and well/calculated to lead..to further error.

If,.instead of..attempting..to atone..*on his own,..he had
asked..for..my..guidance,..there would/have been..no difficulty whatever..in the cab situation. It..was not necessary/that anyone wait..at all.

B’s..original slight..to Dora,..because of..his
own need..to get home..as he perceived it,..this..stopped him from benefiting..from the time-saving/devise..of the miracle...He would have..gotten home..MUCH/quicker..if/he had..taken time..to use time properly.

YOU..were still..suffering..from strain..(see above),
and..got quite irritated..at the girl..who stood next/to..the door on the side..[which blocked its opening.]..Her presence there/made it necessary..each time the door..was opened..to hold it for a much longer time..than..was necessary,..and you were angry..because this made you cold.

Actually,..the girl was/taking care of..the younger child..who was standing outside,..and both of them..*were really/mentally retarded.

If you/will remember,..the older girl..asked you..very uncertainly about/the bus,..and you were/well..aware at the time..of her extreme uncertainty.

It would/have been..much wiser..had you built up..her confidence, instead of..associating/with her stupidity...This reduced your own efficiency,..and the only thing..that saved you/then was.that you DID remember,..in the cab,.to ask me..about the notes,

instead of/assuming..that you were necessarily..to arrange to meet the next/day..and go over/them.

B...had already become..so misguided/that..it did not occur
to him..that his-own will,..(which/he justified..by..the
contents..of the recent/notes —

a misuse..of truth..only seemingly,,on its
own behalf.. might be questionable...(You took..poor notes yourself here,..because you/got mad..at him..on remembering this.. While you did try/to..will right.in the cab, you did/not..quite succeed.

The error is showing up now.)
B..thus placed himself..in a condition
to experience..a fear rather..than..a love reaction.

(HS..notes/that..she..was going/to..write..
“an/excellent-position,” but..did not..do so.

Answer:..You were/right..about..the misuse..of..“excellent”..here,
and..please..do cross-it..out.

You..are/STILL..angry.
[thus..likely..2b..miss-in/form;ed

page..70
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 23 October 2013 9:17:07 PM
You are/STILL angry...which..is.An excellent position..for enabeling
miscreation..[this..anger..is not..facilitating..a meaningful approach..to the..resolve..the problem.)

I am..just trying to..create better/learning conditions
for..the study periods. ..We want..as little interference..as possible,..for/VERY good reasons;)

Now,..lets..go back to B;
he WAS..discourteous..when he told you..that HE wanted to keep
the original/copy..of the notes,..having decided..to have them Xeroxed..on his OWN will,/and then..justifying it..by a very slight misinterpretation..of..what I said..about “useful for
others.”

In fact,..if he will.re-read the actual quote,
he will see..that it REALLY means..“useful for HIM.”

You had..interpreted..that way,..and frankly..this was..pretty clear to me at..the time...But this/sort..of thing happens..all the time...

It should,..be noted/however..that the..result..was not only..considerable..and..totally unnecessary/planning on..B’s part,..but also..a/failure..to utilize/what..WAS intended..for him..as a help..for HIMSELF.

And..before/YOU..get/too self-satisfied,
I would/remind you..that you..do it..all the time,..too.

B...acted/inappropriately..toward YOU,..by saying
that..he wanted..to be SURE..that..the/original..was not lost..or dirtied...

It..is noticeable..that,.having/already decided..what.HE wanted/to do,..it..never/occurred..to him..that it/IS..possible that HE might lose..or dirty..them himself,..especially as..he had notentrusted..them to me.

This ..is..a form..of arrogance..that..he would/be much..happier without...He..should also..note..that this..would probably..not have occurred..had/he not..been ALREADY..literally..“off..the beam.”

Bible Dictionary

Beam definition

occurs/as..the rendering..of various Hebrew/words...In 1 Sam...17:7, it means..a weaver's frame..or principal-beam;..in Hab. 2:11,..a crossbea. or girder;
2 Kings 6:2,=5,..a cross-piece..or rafter..of a house;
1 Kings..7:6,..an architectural/ornament..as a projecting step..or moulding; Ezek. 41:25,..a thick plank.

In/the/.New Testament..the word occurs/only..in Matt...7:3,-5,
and Luke..6:41/42,..where it means..a large..piece of wood used for building purposes,..as contrasted/with.."mote"..a small piece..or mere splinter.["Mote"..and.."beam"]became..roverbial..for little..and great faults.

(internal forces..of the beam
and the forces..that are imposed..on the beam support)..include the "moment-distribution/method",..the force..or flexibility/method..and the direct..stiffness method.[so..B..is stiff-necked]

Be/SURE..to tell him..that this pun..is to/reassure him..
that I am/not angry...If he does/not get it,..or does not/like it,..then..

[I know..it is not/very good...The reason..is that
HE put me..in a position where..I can really/give..him very
little..at the moment...But I want him..to know..that I am..*VERY well aware/of..the exceedingly..few time's..he/now..makes errors..of this kind.

He has come..a VERY long way..in this respect.
It seems..a/shame..that he should allow himself..even this much discomfort..from it...I suggest..to YOU..that we*..pray for him,..and I pray..for your..full cooperation..in this.

This..will correct..YOUR errors,as-well
and..help him..to..react/better..to..the work..on..the bookcase,..which may otherwise..lend itself..for misuse..by misprojection.
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 24 October 2013 7:15:28 PM
I have promised..to guide you..OUT of problems,
and..will certainly not create them.for you. But this means that you do not undertake to
solve them..yourselves. [A storage problem...is hardly more difficult for me to solve..than a
space problem,.(see comments under special principles for miracle workers.)

You started well in your attempt to pray with me..for B., but ended badly. This is
because..you had already made..a number of earlier errors.

You were wrong to be pleased/with Bill F’s criticism of Rose,..and should not have..enjoyed Bill F’s description of Zanvil”s..caricaturing of her.

You could have laughed..WITH Bill,..but NOT..AT Rose.

Real courtesy NEVER does this. You should know that all God’s children are fully worthy of COMPLETE/courtesy.

You should NEVER join with one..at the EXPENSE of another.
When you called B about joining you, Gene, & Anne at lunch, YOU should have..waited to ask ME....In fact, you should not even have told Anne that you would call. Then
you could have asked B. FIRST..if HE would want to come,..and called ANNE back.

It is true that it was better..that he came,..but
this has nothing to do..with the real issue. There
are ways of treating others..in which ONLY consistent courtesy, even in very little things,..is offered.

This is a VERY HEALING habit to acquire.

B’s answer to your call..was a clear statement of his own sadly conflicted state. He said, “I don’t want to join you,..but that’s ungracious,..so I’ll go.”

Whenever ANY invitation/to join others..in a gracious way is offered, it should ALWAYS be met with respect, although..it need not always be accepted.

However, if it is MET ungraciously..the resulting feeling
may well be one of coercion...This is ALWAYS a split-will reaction.
B. did not solve this by ACTING graciously. The lunch need not have entailed either..mental or physical strain for him, and no “need to escape” should have arisen.

This was..a regression of the unprofitable kind...B. will continue to experience this need from time..to time, until he is willing to realize that there is nothing he needs..or wants to escape..from.
Posted by one under god, Friday, 25 October 2013 4:11:45 AM
jesus must have made mention..of this moral-issue
but..is it pearl..before swine?
[the acim..says..there is no swine
not anyone..is un-worthy..of our fathers..highest honors

[kiss principle..there are..two opposites..[opposing..motivating/forces/powers]
love..[em-powering]..and its opposite..[opposing]..FEAR*[dis-em-powering]

hear?

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=acim+homo+sex

http://www.circleofa.org/library/acim-history-issues/copyright/earlier-versions/

The Earlier Versions
and the Editing of A Course in Miracles

by Robert Perry

Life for students of A Course in Miracles used to be simpler than it is today. We had one version of our revered book, and we knew that this version was almost exactly as its scribe, Helen Schucman, heard it, straight from Jesus.

[continues later
reposted..in full here]
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6040&page=0

Under "life issues," I am classing material on sex, homosexuality, selection of partners, the role of the teacher, and parents and children (one of the original miracle principles began with, "Miracles are a blessing from parents to children"23).

Some of this material spoke to personal situations, but much of it discusses these issues in the abstract. So why was it taken out?

She herself gave this impression in the Course's preface:

Only a few minor changes have been made. Chapter titles and subheadings have been inserted in the Text, and some of the more personal references that occurred at the beginning have been omitted. Otherwise the material is substantially unchanged.

Then everything changed. In January of 2000, an earlier version of the Course, called the Hugh Lynn Cayce Version, was disseminated on the Internet.

Later in that same year, an even earlier version, called the Urtext, also became available on the Internet..Both versions showed that the Course..as we knew it had gone through..a far more extensive editing process than anyone..had suspected.

A huge amount of material has been removed..from the notes that Helen originally took down. We know at least 6,000 words.never made it out of her notebooks,..and there may have been many more.

And there are an additional 35,000..words that never made it from the Urtext into the standard Course...

What was removed?
Posted by one under god, Friday, 25 October 2013 9:02:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15