The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ethnic Voilence

Ethnic Voilence

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
individual,

Yes, dear, we know.....yada, yada, yada....everyone who can string a few words together, and who happens to disagree with you is stupid.

It's the message in 99.9% of your posts.

Carry on.....
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 4 May 2013 9:12:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot,
I agree with Josephus. I deplore the ammount of violence in the community and that put down to alcohol could be reduced by reducing the availability. For example, I think it is only vested interests that prevent the reintroduction of 10 o'clock closing. No guts politicians.

We have more than enough violence here now and we do not need to import more. I started this thread higlighting ethnic violence, which is ignored by politicians (no guts again). The ethnic violence i referred to is cultural and religous violence which is handed down through the generations and the hatreds are embedded.

The only way to limit this is to stop immigration of people from those groups that have demonstrated to us that they cannot or will not leave their cultural hatreds behind when they come here.

This means having a discrimatory immigration policy in the intersts of an hormonous society, but that will not happen because it would take guts to implement. So I expect the ethnic violence to escalate as we continue importing those with cultural hatreds.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 4 May 2013 10:08:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reality check.
Thinking about the future, how many would imagine that a worldwide conflict-free homogenous multicultural society, with or without any national boundaries, is achievable any time soon, or indeed preferable to other possible and peaceful long-term options?
We see all the rivalries and inequities, for which there is no easy solution. Would we lay down our lives or our way of life for a questionable outcome? Would those in China, the U.S., Bahrain, Brazil or elsewhere? Should we expect them to?

Immigrants from various troubled or third-world countries cannot help but be concerned for those left behind, and many will feel anger at the contrast with our obvious decadence and carefree lifestyle.
The strong-willed may continue to harbour grievance; the moderate may just take advantage of opportunity to assist those at 'home'; and the meek may forget the past entirely and fully embrace the Aussie stepladder. A portion will remain confused and conflicted.
A melting pot, and to what end?

My vision is for a stable network of autonomous, trouble-free and resilient nations, with all abiding by and supported by an effective UN charter for cooperation and the advancement of human affairs.
Each nation with a 'home', culture and identity, maintaining human rights, law, and peaceful resolution of internal and external disagreements.

We may 'adopt' a small number, and 'integrate' a portion, but not without many 'teething' pains, and the problems abroad will remain, festering.
Concerted international foreign aid, education and development, or 'Nanny State'?
Many peaceful nations with their own 'quirks', or disseminated maelstrom? (How many more centuries to bury all hatchets?)
Posted by Saltpetre, Saturday, 4 May 2013 3:12:02 PM
Saltpetre - It is May 4th and in 4 days we have 645 economic invaders come here, remember this incompetent Government BUDGETED for 450 per month. Since August we have had over 15,000 guess what at least 12,000 are single age men. If people can't see a problem in the future something is wrong.

One of the boats is an inter-island ferry carrying 160 coming into Darwin, the Indonesian police would have had to know what was going on.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 5 May 2013 12:42:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy