The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Boston Bombing & the Second Amendment (Guns) - Is there any relationship ?

The Boston Bombing & the Second Amendment (Guns) - Is there any relationship ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
Yesterday afternoon I was listening to Michael Savage's 'Savage World', and as you'd expect his main topic for discussion was that of the Boston 'Marathon' Bombings.

For those of you who don't know of Dr Michael Savage Ph.D or his evening radio show, which is syndicated across the entire United States mainland including Alaska - Dr Savage is a very far 'right wing' political commentator who, by all accounts has the second highest listening audience (about 11 million daily) in the USA. Only Rush Limbough (sorry for the spelling, it's not correct?) eclipses him.

Regardless of his aggressive posture toward the US President on everything, in some matters I believe him to be quite a clever guy !

It was during one of his more truculent episodes yesterday, when I heard him trying to connect the Marathon Bombings, with the tough new gun laws, just recently enacted in the State of Massachusetts (Boston) ?

When all of a sudden, he exclaimed loudly in an incensed tone '...that no corrupt government in Washington was going to take away his guns, or similar ?

This individual has a huge listening audience. Yet by inference, he's almost 'tempting' the elected government of the United States to confiscate his guns. Moreover, he repeated this challenge several times during the course of his programme ? Almost daring the government to try and take that, which he owns !

What sort of message does that send to all those indelible and entrenched NRA gun owners ? Particularly those wizened old guys living in the high 'moonshine' country of Kentucky, where there're more guns than people ! Shades of Waco,Texas I think. Furthermore, it's no secret there are many folk in the developed world, who suffer from many different forms of mental illness, many undiagnosed, therefore untreated.

Here in Oz, we all know, it's not the licenced bloke with his licenced F/A. It's the illegal F/A in possession of the unlicensed bloke. Another development, post Port Arthur we now have a burgeoning cottage business with the ever expanding industry of the importation of illegal F/A's ?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 17 April 2013 10:47:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G,Day o sung wo!
You put a question, in a subject, that will bring lots of posts.
I want to include the uttering,s of that Alan Jones bloke here.
No way around it he is offensive and his words are vile.
We know nothing of who used that bomb.
America has many insane fools, such as the gun lobby, but some need no reason other than hate.
We may find Islamists, or even north Koreans behind it.
But America is hard for us to understand, you would have been glad, I think, you did not face such a needlessly armed country in your work days.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 18 April 2013 7:51:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.globalresearch.ca/ Here you will seeinteresting articles on false flag terrorism in the USA.It has a long history of it.

The authorities are trying to get their story straight as new info emerges like police radio chat reporting additional explosives found.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 18 April 2013 9:37:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Michael Savage is a preposterous attention seeker. He is absolutely lunar. Who knows or can even guess what his secondary agendas might be.

His 1978 PhD is in herbal and alternative medicine. Trendy back then possibly but irrelevant to what he is spruiking now.

Just because he has an audience doesn't mean what he says is worth squat. That is evidenced by his speculative BS on a bombing without any result as yet from the investigation.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 18 April 2013 10:04:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear o sung wu,

I think it's too early to tell what the connection,
(if any) there could be between the Boston Bombing
and the Second Amendment (Guns). I'm not familiar
with the person that you cite in your opening post
so I can't comment on him. All I can say is - lets
wait and see what the investigations reveal.
My heart goes out to the American people. Hopefully
some answers will be provided soon.
Posted by Lexi, Thursday, 18 April 2013 10:38:36 AM
Yes, it is too early to speculate, but we all will do it anyway Lexi : ).

There is no doubt that anyone who would fill a pressure cooker with metal and ball- bearings and then have it blow up, has some serious mental health issues, or is just plain evil.

Whether that sort of behaviour is fueled by a love of guns, a love of a God, or a hatred of foreigners etc remains to be seen.

I wouldn't mind betting that the US authorities are praying they find a foreigner guilty of the crime, and not a 'homegrown "loony tune" ...
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 18 April 2013 10:52:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy