The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Boat People It Is Not Working

Boat People It Is Not Working

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
My point was ably demonstrated by individual's rely.

Thanks individual.
Posted by DiamondPete, Friday, 12 October 2012 10:33:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well to those I am about to offend fore give me, this as are many of our subjects, is a dogs breakfast.
Many put their view in the form of a jack boot, and keep the mind closed.
I think just maybe, we are not representative of the real Australia.
If we are? God help us!
No TPV will help, show me how, based on it once working it can now.
Gee a child could see the 800 for 4.000 is a reason, THE ONLY SINGLE ONE, Malaysia would help at all.
Why else would they?
IT IS A REWARD FOR SERVICES every side wants a win.
Now the red neck beggar the world lets kick them, do we know what a trade embargo is, want one?
Malaysia will STOP the boats.
We will see Liberals stop them, even if by using this solution.
So, for Australia,s sake why not get both sides to work together now?
SOG sorry but you are over your head.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 13 October 2012 4:49:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok Pete, so let's put aside the issue of whether or not we should help these people, or even care about there situation, and let's look at the situation from a logical point of view.

No name calling, no insults, just plain logic.

How do you propose we fund this ongoing arrival of boat people?

What do you propose we cut in the way of services, from our own people, in order to fund this?

Last I saw, we were at about the $4.5 billion mark, in way of funding this monster and, the numbers have increased significantly in the past year or so.

Now we will at best be in surplus in another year, although i seriously doubt that, however, this will only be achieved through the slashing of much needed funding, so there will be no spare cash.

So seriously,given that you are obviously so supportive of these arrivals, how do you propose we fund this, and what is it you think we can do without in doing so.

I think we would all agree that the likes of health, education and mental health are off limits.

BTW, while giving this your consideration, please spare a thought for our aging population, and the fact that the taxes paid by these baby boomers, a portion of which should have been saved for funding their retirement, have been squandered.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 13 October 2012 6:21:47 AM
Pete,
You are slipping badly in trying to take the high moral ground.

How does luring about 1000 to their deaths fit into your 'more humane' policy?

Get real.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 13 October 2012 8:00:23 AM
Imagine just for one minute if we used the resources we waste on this debacle on providing a safer place for these refugees in their own countries. We'd probably still be ahead financially & have less crowding here.
We do have some moral obligation to help those in need but don't have any obligation whatsoever to help them invading us.
The best desirable outcome would be not to have any refugees at all rather than what's happening now. But then again those who so desperately want to help them with our money, effort & our future would be dead-set against going into their countries & create peace. Naw, much smarter to wreck the rest of the planet. Morons !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 13 October 2012 8:50:22 AM
DP as do about 80% of contributors here, takes his own narrow path.
A path that is uninterested in majority's views wishs or want.
Most Australians want this trade to end, now.
We will except refugees/migrants, but want a say in who and when.
REALITY says if Labor does not stop the Liberals will.
Rechtub dumping them in the out back will not work, and should not be considered.
I think DP is a green in other clothing, no one can blame a green for hiding their true colors.
Avoid it if you must.
But in all truth Malaysia is the CURRENT answer.
Show me how the two in use can even hold these numbers.
The disjointed junk comment about bribing Labor voters comes from a dark place.
A place haunted by the darkest thoughts of no understanding at all.
We have a problem, how many want to wait for an election to fix it.
If 20 smugglers got trapped by the reward, we would spend 2 million dollars, cheap.
It may stop more trying.
We could put individuals post history, in every place refugees wait to come here, few would bother after that.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 13 October 2012 11:06:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11