The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Boat People It Is Not Working

Boat People It Is Not Working

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
belly,
About 12 months till the election and I doubt if the illegals situation will be fixed by then. Labor has neither the backbone or the inclination, as they have not introduced all of Houstons recomendations.

I think the removal of Howards measures was deliberate, to comply with Rudd's 'big australia' ideology, which alone will cost them the looming election.

No doubt when elected the Libs will fix it, by stopping the boats. The remedy is simple, just do not give the illegals what thaey seek.

Was surprized that you, a few posts ago, think it is a good idea to be rid of Wilkie. If I recall correctly,a while back, you were posting strongly in support of his anti poker machines proposals. You were extremely keen to convince us that the legislation, supported by Labor, was essential to stop people ruining themselves.

However once the government got more votes in the House, by installing Slipper, they told Wilkie to go jump, so put in place another Gillard lie.

Since then you have not mentioned a word about the necessity of poker machine reform, so apparently it is no longer a problem and the people do not need saving from themselves.

Or could it be that Labor simply had a vote losing policy at the time and you were seeking to give them support. Now the peoples interests do not matter.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 18 October 2012 10:52:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nauru is out of date, and nothing will resurrect that. Poker machine test case is in motion in Canberra.
Boat people could have been solved 2 years ago with the Malaysia plan.
So your gut full of sour grapes are fermenting quite well, by the sound of it
Posted by 579, Thursday, 18 October 2012 11:36:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok, so how will Malaysia solve the problem, as it is my understanding we send some 800 there and receive 4000 in return.

What do we do with the 4000, there's no jobs out there, unless of cause you're STILL in denial about that as well 579.

So what services do we slash to support all these immigrants?

Remember, funding is already under extreme pressure, chasing the at any cost surplus.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 18 October 2012 1:33:22 PM
Ok i will explain it in terms even you can understand. Why would anyone give someone 10,000 $ to get on a boat that ends up with them being sent back to Malaysia, this is where most of them arrived at in the first place. They leave from Indonesia now because it is closer to AU.
There are more people in work now than anytime in history.
Cuts will be made to set up a surplus, why should it consist of slashing jobs, its taxation the jobs supply, that will create a surplus.
There is nothing to worry about, we are riding the waves with expert skill.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 18 October 2012 2:28:26 PM
Banjo, and Rechtub, give me a hearing please.
Wilkie first, I agreed with his poker reforms.
They NEVER, as it turned out HAD ANY CHANCE independents did not support them, Liberals and Nationals did not support them.
So? Gillard, NOT WANTING TO BE BEATEN IN THE LOWER HOUSE did not put them.
Unlike Katter,and the other two ex Nationals, note all three are EX nationals.
Wilkie is ex green and I have targeted him HERE OVER AND AGAIN for winning his seat from third finishing spot, as the single green in the lower house has.
He is, more than any other, trading his vote like a woman of ilrepute.
I rest my case, Banjo your claim waswrong never had legs how much else is wrong.
Rechtub/Banjo, if we read every post in a thread we take part in we find answers.
Trust me, not being a smart A, Malaysia my view 100% true, will stop the boats.
In my post history I have explained the maths at least ten times, twice in this thread.
Banjo, at current numbers,increasing fast, we will see if not stopped about ten to 20 thousand before the election.
And folks no joke, unless you can take the it will never happen turn them back.
And the it will not work now TPV out and look honestly.
Nehru is dead Manus will be tell me other than Malaysia what will work.
Those waiting for Labors head on a stick will get it, gift rapped by Gillard.
But your dream comes with truth, Abbott is not to be trusted.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 18 October 2012 3:43:25 PM
579, I am sorry but it is impossible to reason with someone who is in denial, but I will try.

Where do you propose the cuts needed will come from, without effecting jobs?

Also, if we do this people swap, where will they work, or will we simp,y have to dig deeper and provide for them as well.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 18 October 2012 6:53:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy