The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Boat People It Is Not Working

Boat People It Is Not Working

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
Rechtub I think on one point, not what 579 says, but what you said, we need room to move.
IT WILL TAKE BOTH SIDES if we are to fix this now.
Numbers in the house have frozen any action.
Last night, on Dateline even the hardest heart could have questioned why we do not just let them in.
Greens will be feeling justified and bitter about those of us who say no.
English speaking young men, the type we would employ or have a drink with.
The forerunners of whole family,s who they are trying to pioneer for then bring here, even dieing trying to get here.
Just as ,many who share my views exist.
Great numbers will use in the days and weeks to come,a film one young man made to ask us to bring more here.
Ignore at our peril, Labors soft approach more than doubled the numbers, in fact all measures point to trebling of them.
Can we afford another trebling?
However blame all or no one, todays answer is to a different problem, nothing stands still.
TPV,s let folk in to Australia to wait.
A wave of determination, to come no matter the costs has rolled over not just us,but the northern hemisphere.
Given a middle east war the numbers may overwhelm us.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 October 2012 4:33:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Butch you have been telling us for years about all this wasted money there is, so if we round that up there will be money everywhere.
The correction for the budget has been finalized, and ready to roll.
There is around 200,000 jobs in AU that have not been filled, as of the 8 10 12 .
Anybody worth their salt need not go without a job.
So try not to worry it is not good for health reasons.
Posted by 579, Friday, 19 October 2012 7:15:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
579 I am unsure how we got away from boat people.
And how so many are mixing Migration with Refugees, and even 457 Visa holders.
Clearly all separate issues.
You need to except, Austral;ians from every side of Politics, ours too, want an end to the arrivals.
We are failing to get the right to witness Abbott,s Negativity, strong evidence NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM serves him best.
But from the purely racist, the xenophobic, to the not in my back yarder,s.
A majority wants the trade ended.
Now we, I am in that group, may well be heartless.
But some contribution comes from the REFUGEES THEM SELVES.
Wearing middle eastern dress on our streets, to HIGHLIGHT THE DIFFERENCE.
Crime gangs shootings and inbread hate, for us.
I think we have run our course.
But a day will come that arrivals are thousands a day, in a war even if from Iran.
Will that be an invasion?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 October 2012 3:08:13 PM
So just exactly how are we going to round all this money up 579.

Are we going to bring back 'wasteful Kev', or, are we going to see the 'real Julia' number four.

Or, perhaps a better idea would be to allow the libs to go to work and do what they have a PROVEN RECORD FOR, and that's stop the waste, pay back the debt and put some cash away.

But hey, why allow history to get in the way, that would be just too clever by half.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 20 October 2012 5:45:29 AM
Any thread such as this one divids us.
It hurts us all in the end.
Understanding our friends are offended by our words.
And we some times by theirs.
But how else do we confront the truth.
Banjo dislikes me saying I am racist, I know I am not, know ANY of these boat people could have my last feed.
Last dollar, not being a self praiser, I would give my bed to any one in need.
But some, maybe never having had contact with the worst of these folk are content to judge.
My friend Lexi, may she be well, may be a refugee from such thoughts as mine.
A LARGE PART OF MY CITY, Sydney, is fenced off, today yesterday near every day gun shots are fired, you need to be brave or stupid if white Australian, to walk that area at night.
Yet I once did.
As a bush kid in town to work and go bush every weekend, without fear, what do we do about that.
How and why do we hide the ethnic back ground of victim and perpetrator?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 October 2012 3:10:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy