The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Labor in denial or just stupid.

Is Labor in denial or just stupid.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Diamond Pete,

You float a highly unlikely hypothetical situation, and then proceed to use this to speculate on an unknown person's actions. This level of fantasy is why Labor is in such trouble.

If China (the only country with the capability to take on Aus in the region) Then the conflict would be wide spread, and the UNHCR charter would most likely be out the window.

All of Labor's policies are falling apart, even their watered down Nauru solution is failing. This follows in the footsteps of the BER fiasco, the health policy failure, the education failure etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 24 September 2012 5:55:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And how are you DIAMOND PETE...

It would appear that you harbour a belief that most of these boat people are fleeing from extreme oppression, where there's a distinct likelihood, if these folk were to be returned to their homeland, they could suffer extreme hardship, even death ?

And what evidence do you have of that ? I'd not be particularly coerced or persuaded by anything these advocates might say, nor just any data from the UN or it's agencies, either.

Interestingly, many of the boats that have arrived, have many single, unaccompanied young men on board. It's true there are some families also, they're the minority, but there are many more young men than families.

With respect to you and others herein who share your position, I don't wish to engage in a 'dog fight', where you assert one thing, I another, and neither of us possessing any hard, experiential evidence to endorse or substantiate, yet another.

However, I'll bet money to a 'bucket of dog s..t', we (Aussies) are being taken as mugs, much like the rest of the western (developed) world ?

And if we're not very careful, we're going to lose our ability to preserve the sovereignty of our borders, and once that happens...well do I need to spell it out ? Today, it's our borders, tomorrow, our very culture.

Cheers.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 24 September 2012 6:02:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come on Diamond Pete old boy, try to grow up a bit.

Please explain how, if they were so endangered, our gate crashers can go "home" for holidays, pick a wife, or sort out family to join them, once they have conned their way in.

Also explain how this "home" is very often not the place they claimed to be fleeing from, when they gate crashed our boarder, & buried it in bull sh1t.

I get so sick of people like you who want to give away my kids heritage.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 24 September 2012 7:18:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The future is starting to happen - An 86 YO man from Afghanistan has been convicted of "indecently touching two children" he was given a 16 month suspended sentence subject to strict conditions.

Here is the clincher his excuse was
Quote "he had been tortured by the Taliban when he lived in Afghanistan more than 20 years ago"
I can see that excuse being used a lot in Australia in the future.
95% on most boats are men, there is something wrong because all other conflict places the refugees are mostly women and children.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 24 September 2012 7:28:10 PM
Wu, your post was full of "opinion". So, it's your "opinion" that refugees don't suffer "extreme hardship" if returned. You asked for evidence that they do, yet then immediately state that you'd not be persuaded by "ANYTHING" their advocates might say, nor any data whatsoever from the UN or any of it's agencies.

Now Wu, when anyone is as closed minded as that, it is obvious their "opinion" is an already held anti refugee opinion, likely ideologically based. If a person is only prepared to listen to facts and statistics that they ideologically approve of, then their view, like your's, will be politically and ideologically skewered and inaccurate (based on lack of full information).

You think we're going to lose "sovereignty of our borders". That's what they said about the Afghan cameleers in the 1800s, the post WW2 migrants from Europe, in the 60s about the Italians and Greeks here, in the 70s about the Arabs here, and they feared the Vietnamese refugees, in the 80s it was the oriental immigration "threat" with all those feared yellow skinned people here, now it's the Muslim "invasion" from Middle East regions ..... in EVERY case these stupid and unfounded fears and paranoia come from a MINORITY of uneducated, ignorant Australians filled with fear and paranoia towards anyone who's not exactly like them. Pathetic.

NOTHING in the world stays the same forever. Those who are emotionally or intellectually incapable of change, are always left behind.
Posted by DiamondPete, Monday, 24 September 2012 7:41:05 PM
Hi Pete,

The test results are in –bad news I’m afraid.
It's zirconium oxide all the way through.
To head off possible false advertising suites suggest an immediate rebranding to Zorconia –Pete
http://www.abazias.com/diamondblog/diamond-education/tests-to-tell-genuine-diamond-from-cubic-zirconia
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 24 September 2012 8:20:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy