The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > They actually believe their own spin.

They actually believe their own spin.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Gillard & Swan, how could they do it? Have they really fallen for their own spin.

It made my skin crawl with embarrassment to hear Gillard lecturing the world leaders on how she runs an economy.

Now if it had been how to run an economy into the ground, it would be reasonable, but I think she actually believes she is doing a good job. If ever they need a skin graft for an elephant, she would be the one to ask.

With every sector but mining & tax collection in rapid retreat, how can this pair of fools actually stand up & talk such bull to the rest of the world.

With her carbon tax, & new mining tax, it is only a matter of time before she destroys the only thing that is working. If we don't get rid of these clowns very soon, we will see a stampede of Greek Ozzies heading back to Greece looking for a place offering more opportunity than here.

I've seen some amazing things in my life, but this pair of fools, simply take my breath away with their arrogance.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 18 June 2012 10:10:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Many words could be written on your thread my mate Hasbeen.
We could swap story's for hours about our flowers.
I could learn much from you.
But with respect, and too harsh total truth.
Your thread title,best describes you.
No disrespect, you are free to think the same of me, and we can still have our common thoughts.
But I can not avoid my thought, you have for me, painted a self portrait.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 5:42:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen, you will never convince some out there that these two are just plain fools, that are quite simply out of their depth.

You see all these supporters are going to be crowing come mid July, as the sky would not have fallen in, they will say.

But what these two, and their loyal puppets don't understand, is that changes made today, may take months, even years to completely surface and, by the time they do, it will be too late, as big business plans years in advance.

Now there is always the possibility that I am wrong on this, however, as you rightly pointed out, and I have said for a years or more, this in
S about the only sector that is growing, and to heavily tax it is a huge gamble.

You see, responsible gamblers, only gamble with what they can afford to loose.

Another problem is that their focus is on the person on the street, but where they should focus their concerns is on the risk being placed on our businesses competitiveness, cause if this is effected, it effects everyone.

I think on prerequisite for politics, is that any senior minister must have at least ten years experience in running, preferably owning, a business.

At least then they would understand the importance of taking gambles with their money, not others.

They (this government) will go down in history as the worst ever. But hey, some of us already knew that, and could have saved billions, if only the puppets had listened.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 7:06:51 AM
*It made my skin crawl with embarrassment to hear Gillard lecturing the world leaders on how she runs an economy.*

I have to agree with you there, Hasbeen. Naive about business is
the only way that I can describe it. Business has kept the economy
going despite the Govt, not because of it. Take WA figures out of
the equation and Canberra is not looking too flash and the debt free
environment which they inherited from Costello, is not looking too
good anymore.

As far as I can see, all that Gillard did was make a fool of herself
on this occasion.
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 7:15:35 AM
Hasbeen, I share your disdain for Gillard and Swan when it comes to managing our economy, but for quite different reasons.

I would assert that the carbon tax and mining tax are positive moves, in order to get us to start moving towards a greener energy regime and to return a slightly larger amount or our mineral wealth to the government and hence the ordinary people of this country.

So Hasbeen, ye great knocker of every politician under the sun, can you tell me what you would do differently? What are the big factors that would get our economy back on track? And is there anyone out there in our wonderful country that you feel could do this?
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 9:23:12 AM
Fortunately, Hasbeen, Europe's leaders are not suffering from your hatred of Gillard, (and a dash of misogyny, perhaps...) and so they listened carefully to what our much maligned PM had to say.
Which is just as well, as everything she said was correct, and has been supported by the Nobel Prize winning economists, Joseph Stiglitz and Paul Krugman.
Of course, bringing a dash of reality into your distorted world view, filled as it is with hatred, will no doubt bring down upon my head the usual aprobreum which you typically heap upon those with a more... How shall I put it? Sane world view.
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 10:13:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy