The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > They actually believe their own spin.

They actually believe their own spin.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Maybe we could also have Ms Gillard lecture the world on border control and how to encourage hundreds to their death. Captain Emad could be the next Labour Immigration Minister. Shame and embarassment is all one could feel when she starts lecturing. Even the Howard haters must be wondering how they have let this country become an embarassment in such a short period of time.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 1:54:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'll vote for you Hasbeen. And get Yabby and Pericles in there too and we'd be on our way to prosperity again.

In this day and age, the only reason these fools are still telling us what to do is because they're backed by big "GUNS"; otherwise they'd be already pushin up the daisy's with what they've done to so many hard working peoples lives.

Unfortunately I think the other side is just the other side of the same coin, just the picture is marginally less unattractive.
Posted by RawMustard, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 2:00:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Lexi, I think you forget one very important point, that is, to be the best, doesn't give you the right to be good, it simply proves that you are better than the others.

Not a hard act to follow at present, im sure you would agree.

Now I remember you saying you were from around Toowoomba.

Well I live part time and work on my property at Miles, and pass through Toowoomba quite regularly. Whatyou will no doubt have noticed, is the huge increase in traffic, especially heavy vehicles caring mining equipment, or mobile accommodation units.

Now i ask you this, take all this mining traffic away and what is left.

Il tell you, a town going backwards, like any other non mining town.

Now if you disagree, then I am affriad that you are afraid to face facts.

Miles has gone from a very small town, to a thriving town, where most nights one can't even find a single room at any of the countless accommodation houses.

Once again, take this away you are left with next to nothing.

My greatest fear is that enough people like yourself will believe this spin and give these fools another chance to do even more damage.

Finally, if you ask any government in the land about gambling, they will say, only gamble with what you can afford to loose.

Now, do you think we can afford to loose mining?

Hasbeen, I'm pretty much with you mate.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 2:12:17 PM
"Our PM is widely respected internationally " Really, by whom? Spending time overseas regularly, I have yet to see her mentioned overseas, except during the Slipper and Thomson debacles.

Yes it is difficult to understand her sense of purpose, as it changes regularly. No carbon tax, carbon tax etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 2:19:42 PM
Some people simply refuse to acknowledge the realities
around them.

1) They want lower taxes and lower government spending.
2) They ALSO want all the good things that the government
provides - like
3) More infra-structure - roads, ports, education.
4) Government-funded science and research.
5) Government subsidized public health care, and so on.

Ludicrous isn't it.

Mr Abbott has made it clear that he would cut taxes
and that he would re-instate middle-class welfare.
That can only mean deep cuts in public goods -
including education, infra-structure, health,
all of which are necessary to sustain our living
standards and to build our economic strength for the
days when the commodity boom ends.

Our taxes are already among the lowest of all
developed countries - yet our government from these
taxes is trying to juggle the tasks of funding
a welfare system and providing important public goods
and is doing remarkable well at it according to all
economic experts.

Some people simply don't realise just how lucky they
are.
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 2:25:09 PM
Hasbeen in your thread you are not alone.
Others too find things that do not exist.
Search for a near bankrupt Australia, the fact is we are leading the developed world, not just because of mining.
Look at the world banks words today and during the GFC.
Lexi! Gillard is not respected by many, she is trying to look statesman like.
She turns my stomach by just walking on stage!
Remember, such as the super conservatives here, and in our media/Parliament did not make her unpopular.
She did that her self.
Post our defeat, we can not win with her! we will need a campaign bigger and stronger than anti work choices.
We will see some who today stand against us ONLY BECAUSE OF GILLARD, join in the fight to highlight the awful nature of todays opposition.
We are not served by pretending 60% unhappy with her is a vote of confidence.
The groaning and moaning here is given life by supporting a woman who could best serve Parliament with a mop and bucket in her hands.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 2:35:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy