The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > They actually believe their own spin.

They actually believe their own spin.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Ludwig,
I am dissappointed, as i thought about it today and am stumped, thought you would know reason. It seems a win, win situation to me, lowering population, saving lives and reducing carbon output at the same time.
Funny thing, the UN is deeply involved in both climate change and feeding kids through the World Food Programme. Treating symptoms!

They do not even want to discuss world population.

I don't know, maybe Hasbeen, Belly, Pericles, Robert or Lexi,or others, will have some thoughts on it.

Sorry Hasbeen for butting in on your thread, I thought Ludwig could help me with the question.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 21 June 2012 10:46:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< Ludwig, I am disappointed >>

So am I Banjo. Very much so indeed.

I have pondered over it for many years. This amazing lack of interest in population stabilisation amongst environmentalists was the reason I didn’t nominate for a second term as the president of the North Queensland Conservation Council twenty years ago….and all this time later, I am no closer to understanding it!

<< Treating symptoms! >>

Tell me about it! So totally NOT holistically focussed!

I just don’t know. But I am pleased that you passionately share my concerns. Cheers.

PS. I’m sure Hasbeen won’t mind this line of discussion even if it is a bit off-subject, if it helps revive his ailing thread…. and gives him another opportunity to be a really funny old fart, like he was in his last post!! Heheheheheee!
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 21 June 2012 11:22:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No problem Banjo, as Ludwig says, I'm only too pleased.

I believe an original poster gives a thread air, but it is the other posters who give it life. I love those threads that develop a life of their own, with a number of posters taking them all over the place. They are the most fun.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 21 June 2012 11:54:03 PM
Hello All,
There is an article on the Energy Bulletin that addresses
this problem of people not being prepared to accept a situation that
seems to be overwhelming and prefer not to talk about it..
The article, if I remember correctly, showed how the same phycological
phenomena occured for a number of subjects.

I believe politicians have an overdose of this because they might be
asked to do something about it.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 22 June 2012 9:01:54 AM
Bazz,
You might be right. People see the problem as too big and choose to ignor it. Yet Iran has shown the world how it can be done, without draconian methods. Maybe Iran is seen, by the west, as bad and will not acknowledge anything good that comes from there.

I can see that in Christian countries religion plays a part, so the Vatican needs a good shake up. I think Islam also dreams of breeding their way into world dominance. Don't know about the others.

I am an AGW sceptic, but even I can see that lowering carbon output should be welcomed by the warmist brigade, and lowering population would do that.

I still think that those in deveoping countries have a far greater chance of starving than they do of being affected by climate change.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 22 June 2012 10:47:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy