The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hobsons Choice or no choice?

Hobsons Choice or no choice?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
I am forced to confront a truth, nothing can save this government.
Unless it is Tony Abbott.
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/small-target-big-letdown-20120427-1xqco.html
This link may be the voice of middle Australia.
Blind support for any side is of no help.
Even worse blind support for my side, the ALP, under standing its policy's are better, not the threat some say, will change nothing.
Knowing the very rich, Australian mining billionaires, and media have bought in to media,to increase the value of their opinions is of little use.
This country, never in my lifetime, never in its,has been led by two leaders less loved or liked.
Just consider this.
If one side removes its leader, and the other sides does not,it will see the change bring even fixed voters, not me, to that side.
Our leaders resemble two school yard combatants more than politicians.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 28 April 2012 6:00:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, you still don't get it do you?

It's 28%
Posted by spindoc, Saturday, 28 April 2012 8:57:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
u can only vote for those who are running. Many don't like Abbott until you compare him with the current incompetent, deceitful and conniving mob. He is a Rhodes scholar and he is much more likely to keep his word than Gillard who could not lie straight in bed. Having a female PM was suppose lift the standard of ethics not have democracy flushed down the toilet. How atrocius Emilys club has turned out to be in line with their lack of morals. Labour and its lackies like Getup just can't accept democracy. As for Oakshott and Windsors open and acountable Government (really a disguise for hatred of Abbott and the Nationals) they have proved a disgrace.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 28 April 2012 9:51:38 AM
Here here runner
Those two are a disgrace, Oakshot knows he won get elected again, and Windsor just wants his full term so he can retire on more of the tax payers handouts.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 28 April 2012 10:29:58 AM
I agree nothing can save this govt; at least they have policies.
Until we get policies from the coalition no-one knows what they are voting for. I for one would not vote for anyone without policies.
There is the media mentality of Kangaroo court; something exciting to write about, but unaccountable.
The mining industry is overheating and expanding, at the expense of industry.
Lured by the pay packets the miners are willing to pay, is leaving industry without labour.
It only makes cense that the mining sector are expected to pay more tax.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 28 April 2012 11:45:41 AM
Spin doc first read the link, even you, a fixed and blind to truth contributor surely, can not fail to see I make no claim Labor can win.
Rechtub? stick to butchering! this subject seems more than you can understand.
Runner, well mate it is a symptom, just as men in suits who look over fed and like Joe Hockey can be put in the conservative side.
Those like your self are bound, every time,to slip past the subject,not look at their own side, just deliver the standard blunt, and wrong propaganda.
IF Liberals did not fear Abbott this story from one of our country's best would not have appeared.
On the day he is dumped,your victory is assured.
Never,read the link.
Has this country seen , both leaders in negative territory by these margins.
I suspect/believe each hold the other up as fewer trust them both/want them both no other place exists to flee to than the other side.
The subject is not party vs party,sorry spin doc, if you need a hand with comprehension ask, I like helping.
Not about other than us poor voters.
We once faced elections full of hope,we face one soon that puts two very bad very unwanted leaders and asks us to vote for the lessor of two evils.
I do not know who that is!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 28 April 2012 12:17:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy