The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Queensland election., a referendum on the carbon tax.

Queensland election., a referendum on the carbon tax.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. All
Queensland labor has always had strong support, and while Queenslanders were obviously looking for a change, it looks as though Labor is facing obliteration NSW style.

What has changed so drastically?

The answer is simple, Federal Labor happened, between the carbon tax lie, the pokies backflip, the boats, and the myriad of Labor policy disasters, the labor brand has the same cache as Enron, Tepco and other infamous organisations.

But the single greatest betrayal of the Australian Electorate is the broken carbon tax promise, that is going to put thousands out of work and increase the cost of living for everyone.

Queensland does not forget, and I will enjoy the humiliation of Labor on TV tomorrow.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 23 March 2012 4:40:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
After 20 yrs of Labor (or 'Liberal', or whatever) - I would not be surprised of any incumbent government's loss.
Posted by bonmot, Friday, 23 March 2012 6:08:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm with you SM, at last, an election won, not lost.

Don't expect much response from the labor die hards though.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 23 March 2012 8:06:35 PM
I’m not sure that’s right, Shadow Minister. How strongly do people relate state Labor to Federal Labor, I wonder?

Are they really going to kick Bligh out because of Federal Labor’s perceived stuff-ups?

I can’t see it.

Bligh will go simply because her government hasn’t performed to the satisfaction of the people, as is the case with all governments after one or two terms, except for those who implement gerrymanders a la Bjelke Petersen.

The really unfortunate thing is that Newman has nothing significantly better to offer. But that doesn’t seem to matter to the Qld voters.
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 23 March 2012 8:24:09 PM
WA, NSW, VIC and QLD. People are slow learners but at least they are learning. Not to long to go for Illegitimate Federal Shamble.
Posted by runner, Friday, 23 March 2012 8:29:46 PM
"Don't expect much response from the labor die hards though."

Labor's own polling suggests that the attack on Campbell Newman backfired really badly, to the point of turning a loss into a rout. Not sure why the carbon tax would have much relevance.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 23 March 2012 9:11:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy