The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Our wonderful ABC

Our wonderful ABC

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Always a good idea Hasbeen.
Bazz may care to comment but it is a hobby of mine, watching what some use as an areal.
You can still see 30 year old ones, receiving a picture by accident.
Here great changes took place twice.
And some aerials installed about 12 years ago no longer do the job.
Yabby is quite right, but other options exist,may be no better.
My two digital aerials,UHF and standard are top draw, total cost self installed $320
Most installers here are ham radio ones.
And my club assisted here.
The bent coat hanger trick is not going to do it.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 5:04:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok has been, just a few questions.

I live in outer northern Brisbane, so how far out of town are you?

Did you pay less for your lot than you would hav in town?

If so, was it due to affordability, or, just for peace an quiet?

Finally, do you expect out of town everything to be the same as in town?

You see, there is a growing trend for people to buy in cheaper areas, which are cheaper for a reason, then they complain about lack of many things, yet forget why they got the cheaper price in the first place.

Now I am not suggesting this is you, more so, I am curious.

Cheers
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 6:13:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seems I am indeed Individual- if only I listened to everyone that warned me about subliminal messages contained in these channels, and just taken Allan Jones' word that it was a marxist brainwashing machine to stay away from instead.
Posted by King Hazza, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 8:38:09 AM
King Hazza,
the dilemma is that when people are contend you can't make them see anything hence the old adage of ignorance is bliss will be a winner for the social engineering crowd for a long time yet. Hand them a Uni degree & wow ! Same goes for many of the certificates on the market now. No effort required for making yourself to believe you're intelligent. No one can convince you of reality.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 12:17:07 PM
Rehctub, I am not too far south of Beenleigh, but behind the northern end of the Tamborine Mountain range, so can not tune to Gold Coast.

Unfortunately my place was not cheep. I came off a too small [640 acres] beef stud, when I was talked back into industry. I bought 20 acres, on a river, with irrigation rights, & a full underground system [ex vealer farm/turf farm], as one of my kids was competing at a high level with horses.

It also allowed my kids to avoid either Beenleigh or Gold Coast schools, which was worth doing 20 years ago.

Just in passing I have town nothing except power, just as I like it. There is very little available, in a city, that interests me, & much about them that I can do without. Suburbia is closing in, but our little bit is in a no subdivision area, which suits me, although many neighbours are none too happy.

We are in a good reception spot. I have never had a problem with the ABC in the almost 20 years I've been here.

SBS has always been bad, & we installed a high quality moderately high aerial as my son wanted the socker. It was never good, but was only off air due to weather.

Come digital I installed a new quality aerial, when I bought a set. SBS was a 4 day out of 5 deal, [good or off], but no further interest in socker so didn't care, & all the rest were excellent, including the ABC.

Over the last 3/4 months the ABC reception has become occasionally unwatchable or "no signal", with increasing frequency. The last 40 hours was the longest so far.

As nothing else, even Briz 31, & SBS, are changed I can only assume it is the ABC transmission that is at fault, hence my rant.

Thanks for your interest.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 12:54:33 PM
Very much Individual- simple fact of the matter is our knowledge is just the sum of what we are told.
The difference between intelligence and lack thereof is being able to interpret these things, and potentially compare the secondary evidence (what some shock-jock said about a TV channel) to the primary evidence (actually watching the TV channel to see if he was accurate), and being able to compare them, without simply expecting one or the other to be automatically true.
Posted by King Hazza, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 5:15:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy