The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > World Starvation /Refugees and the UN.

World Starvation /Refugees and the UN.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
http://www.smh.com.au/world/fixing-famine-what-it-will-take-20110815-1iu0f.html
I saw no answers,little to base hope on, but it can be seen this problem gets worse not better.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 5:32:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

Have a gander at this.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-15/shocking-conditions-of-patients-in-wa-pilbara-pm/2840302
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 7:09:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes thank you I saw it,shuddered at it and know how we fail.
I think we fail to even begin to understand.
See it was part of my job to look after some of these folk at work.
People will tell you they are drunk do not kept themselves and any homes clean, and that is true, lets be honest.
People will say they will not try, but how can they.
HOSPITAL! you and I can find a bed in most, even be put up while staying with a loved one.
No excuses.
Some one needs sacking, the world needs to see this on every front page.
Just a thought, Poirot , is it ever right.
Do we spend to fix our problem but ignore Africa's?
These folk eat/have social welfare are not starving but dieing a death by lifestyle.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 7:45:41 AM
Belly,

I think this problem goes deeper than mere "spending" which so far hasn't even dented the disparities between Aboriginal and mainstream Australia.
It's extraordinary, don't you think, that those pictures are so reminiscent of camps in east Africa, and yet the situation is unfolding in "boom region" Australia.
No I don't think we should ignore the plight of struggling populations overseas because we acknowledge similar problems on our own doorstep. But we fail by not addressing the fundamental realities in the lives of these people....why didn't someone have the vision to construct a hostel in conjunction with the new gleaming hospital?
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 8:13:03 AM
Poirot lets both look at this together.
How well do you personally know Aborigines? do you understand their shyness when away from their people.
The love of family that is all embracing, the culture that forces them to share.
Are you aware such camps exist all over this country.
That often they are drinkers camps, people not wanted in mainstream Aboriginals homes.
Did you see that loverly lady on ABC National today? standing up for them her people?
By saying much the same as most from within, Noel Pierson for a start.
Do you think in any way these folk would consider dieing in Africa in exchange for those suffering? did you see 29.000 kids died I think in a month.
White trash, may be rich but trash describes them,take the jobs and money spent on the industry this country has turned our first people in to.
Schools Poirot get rewarded if the kids stay uneducated and in trouble.
We need change, us whites, we need to build such housing, but Poirot we need too to tell Australia the truth.
That housing has been built often and ends up as fire wood on fires lite by drunks who know no better.
That some sleep out side their new home's in such camps by choice.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 1:36:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy