The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Halal Slaughter: What Evidence?

Halal Slaughter: What Evidence?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
OUG
Halal slaughter is a Muslim requirement. So if grateful wishes to discuss that your bringing Christian quotes into this discussion could be seen as offensive by some. Grateful may not feel very grateful for your to do that.
By compassion it might be likened for eg as to somebody walking into your Church service on a Sunday Morning signing praise Allah. Although I sure if grateful has debated this before he is used to controversy .
Yes it is true as far as I am concerned you disrupted the RSPCA thread & it would be nice if that didn’t happen in grateful thread.
This is a very important topic and the fact is millions of animals are relying upon this debate the lesson the suffering in slaughter.
So if you do have compassion for animals it would be nice to allow us to debate.
However as you are here ( again) I have one for you
Question
Why couldn’t God be Australian?
Because they couldn’t find three wise men and a virgin.
:)

Pericles

That’s not Halal – but yes its awful. The problem is in Australia each DPI must pass law. We have been waiting YEARS.
There excuse- is they have not been declared animals ..

Sonofgloin

I hope everybody has one each day because our Australian Animals need our help badly. We have live exports- intensive farms where animals sit on a A4 piece of paper for life CRUEL

We have pigs locked in stalls biting bars and going insane with no room to turn sit. We have disgusting feed lots instead of animals living as animals should.

These feed lots just like live exports are costing each household about $880.00 a year in taxes. Each $ that goes off shore into feedlots and others is YOUR $
All of the above is not Halal – it is Harem ( unlawful ) to Muslims.
Because the Koran says we must be kind to animals.
Posted by Kerryanne, Monday, 25 July 2011 9:28:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Kerryanne,

My interest stems from being Muslim and I'd like to see the evidence one way or another, so appreciate the the fact that you have provided some evidence. I'll read it over the coming week, Insha'Allah.

Btw, the purpose of the post was not to bag the RSPCA (i should have been more careful by saying the RSPCA's STATEMENT appears to be misleading). The point about the RSPCA's statement was that it referred to "All available evidence" indicating stunning as the most humane method, whereas a bit of googling is enough show the statement is not accurate.
salaams
Posted by grateful, Monday, 25 July 2011 9:47:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grateful

Thanks for that & see you in a week. If you scroll down the link below you will see outstanding achievement under Towards the bottom under Dr Temple + I popped a few more links up for you .

http://www.worldhalalforum.org/download/WHF2011-PostEventReport.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoNErsJNPzw

Dont worry about bagging RSPCA - I do. The information on stunning though is correct- not that they can take credit..
However there is no doubt slaughtering without pre stunning id barbaric & i have researched it. Like you I am just wanting the most humane death.

http://www.daff.gov.au/animal-plant-health/welfare/aaws/a_scientific_comment_on_the_welfare_of_sheep_slaughtered_without_stunning

Overall conclusions

Taken together the conclusions above indicate that because the slaughter of sheep by ventral-neck cutting without prior stunning is likely to cause pain, slaughter of sheep without stunning poses a risk to animal welfare in the period between the time of the neck cut and the time of loss of awareness. The duration of this period of risk is not currently known with certainty. It is at least 2-8 seconds in duration, but may be 8-20 seconds in duration.

salaam
Posted by Kerryanne, Monday, 25 July 2011 11:19:43 PM
Two words stick in my memory of what a local abbatoir worker said to me about 35 years ago about his job - "Drop Box" and "Sledgehammer".

I wonder how much more compassionate the modern stun gun is.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 2:05:06 AM
wobbles

Animals cant be killed by our bolt method when preparing Halal because it damages the scull. This is referred to as harem. The reason being it is no longer a perfect offering to allah.

So to pre stun rendering the animal unconscious - then to cut the correct manner - with a very sharp knife is the halal or Islamic slaughter method used- in place of our western method.
Posted by Kerryanne, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 2:29:16 AM
the q and a joke was re jesus
NOT god

as for halal..[or stunning]
all death by the hand of..consious man
is murder*

no ifs or buts
but it WASNT the halal throut cutting that caused this issue
it cwas CRUELTY*...breaking harmless beasts tails..cruelty/TORTURE*

THAT INVALIDATES
...it being from BEING..a perfect 'sacrifice'

how is bruising breaking legs and pain
a perfect sacrifice

IT CANT BE*
[if you had of continued our diss-cussion on that other topic
we could have revealed this flaw of logic..earlier]

but you dont want ammo
to cut these religeous potentates of at their knees

the law reads 'thou shalt not murder'
[not thou shalt not kill...[humainly..for survival]

pleasse also note the scarifice...able made to god
was the fat..of the gift...[the gift was that a good sheppard
served the health and well being of his charge;his flock]..SO MUCH SO THEY GREW FAT*

it was forgivable to god
ONLY because he cared enough
for his flock to grow fat...[thus was forgiven his murder]

but cain..the eldest..KILLED millions of seeds
that he didnt mAKE grow..[god supplied the sun/rain]
all cain did was murder*

so both DID murder
but one was a GOOD SHEPPARD*

his good shepparding
was 'pleasing to god'

so he was forgiven EVEN murder

god NEEDS no sacrifice
so dont say this death is for him
or that abnimal cruelty in anyway could possable be pleasing to god

i believe i allready gave you the more proper prayer
but murder isnt pleasing..*to anyone
and certainly NOT..*for god

nor is cruelty to the least..[the beast]
that we do to the least..*we do to god
this ignorant life is a gift of god

we love god
by loving his living creations
and by respecting..that within them TOO..is his holy spirit
sustaining it its very life..[nature's good nurture][good of god]
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 10:39:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy