The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

USA gun massacre - we don't need guns.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 34
  14. 35
  15. 36
  16. All
Couldn't resist this post, an 'open letter to xtian rightwing drongos, here and the US as far as I can see:

Read all here:
http://www.truth-out.org/the-wrath-fools-an-open-letter-to-far-right66686

You false patriots who bring assault rifles to political rallies, you hack politicians and media personalities who lied through your stinking teeth about "death panels" and "Obama is coming for your guns" and "He isn't a citizen" and "He's a secret Muslim" and "Sharia Law is coming to America," you who spread this bastard gospel and you who swallowed it whole, I am talking to you, because this was your doing just as surely as it was the doing of the deranged damned soul who pulled the trigger. The poison you injected into our culture is deeply culpable for this carnage.

You who worship Jesus at the top of your lungs (in defiance of Christ's own teachings on the matter of worship, by the way) helped put several churchgoers into their graves and into the hospital. You who shriek about the sanctity of marriage helped cut down a man who was about to be married. You who crow with ceaseless abandon about military service and the nobility of our fighting forces helped to critically wound the wife of a Naval aviator who fought for you in a war. You who hold September 11 as your sword and shield helped put a little girl born on that day into the ground.

You helped. Yes, damn you, you helped.

The "mainstream" media is already working overtime playing up the "Disturbed loner" angle with all their might. There is no doubt, from the available evidence, of Mr. Loughner's transformation into a disturbed individual. But here's the funny part: all the crazy crap he spewed, about the gold standard (a favorite of Glenn Beck, the master of Fox "News" fearmongering...so he can sell his gold scam to suckers) and government mind control and everything else before going on his rampage, is straight out of the Right-Wing Insanity Handbook.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Tuesday, 11 January 2011 9:47:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tell us what you really think The Blue Cross and stop reading my mind.
Suffered for the cause this morning ,watched more than milli second of Glen Beck,all of him!
Will clean up the mess soon, glad I missed the TV.
He is a self promoter isn't he, think he believes that rubbish? he supports the tea party,, no need for further debate.
Look please, guns as used in America and yes south Africa, [note the reasons for having them are about the same?]are not our problem.
We will always have guns, criminals can get them, but we are not in danger from such lunatics.
We however are followers of America, in every thing.
We long ago embarked on slander in stead of truth in politics.
IF we,and America do two things, stop feeding media its headline rubbish, and get back to open debate not street fighting in politics we will be better for it.
Must be calming down my dogs have climbed on my lap again.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 11 January 2011 10:02:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Belly, here's what Gerard Henderson thinks though:
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/abc-needs-to-rein-in-the-rise-of-abuse-posing-as-analysis-20110110-19l1d.html

Always 'in the lead' is our Gerry, almost as thinking as Andy Bolt.

Has he posted anything anywhere?

Oh yes:
http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/the_abcs_vilification_of_sarah_palin

So, perhaps the suggestion that this sort of discussion leads to violence might hold up in Andy's eyes?

If both sides are engaged in it, it sounds like political leaders and journalists are in fact helping, if not crafting, the view that violence is not 'an' answer, but 'the' answer?

I do agree with Gerard though when it comes to the parlous state of political journalism, and all other branches of it, that drips from the real or virtual pages of newspapers.

I do wonder at the role of The Drum too.

Everyone has an opinion, so what? Why do they get to air them there and then try to pretend to be objective journos somewhere else.

News is a commodity, and it gets sold to its markets.

No one would tolerate most high profile journos today otherwise.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Tuesday, 11 January 2011 2:06:08 PM
It looks to me that they don't need guns to protect themselves from foreign invaders but to protect themselves from each other.

A society at war within itself and living in perpetual fear of violence is not a healthy one.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 11 January 2011 2:56:28 PM
True Wobbles, but at least they can bear arms, say what they want and be FREEEEEEE.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Tuesday, 11 January 2011 3:04:25 PM
Insightful stuff TBC your comments not those two.
Read them this morning FOX, along with our own warriors against balanced reporting and truth are a symptom.
Clearly unable to say it like it is,American poltics is in trouble, and even less able to retract things they said that fueled this fire,they content them selves informing us the sky is down earth up.
Both sides yes left too should find a better way to inform us what is happening , most of our news media are so very bad it is hard to look for truth from them.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 11 January 2011 3:53:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...