The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why do we demonize men?

Why do we demonize men?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. 18
  17. All
I think women are inherently better people.

Just look at all the men in gaol. There's no denying it really. Of course when aboriginals end up in gaol it's because they're disadvantaged. When women turn to prostitution or drugs it's because they were abused as children, and that men have corrupted them. They're victims been tricked and bullied into it.

But those men, they're a violent abusive lot. The abusive gender. It's innate. There is no extenuating circumstance, and we should never forget that all the non-minority, powerful white men in gaol are getting exactly what they deserve. There should be more of them in gaol really.

'women have been guilty of child abuse whether physically violent or neglectful. '

Yes but those women were in need of more support. Maybe they were having to bring the kids up alone because of a deadbeat dad. It's just not like women to be abusive. Probably they were abused by their fathers or some other man.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 14 October 2010 9:08:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

Yes, you have us all intrigued - are you serious?

If you are, you're doing your male brethren a huge disservice.
I will add that somehow I don't believe that many women regret being "too smart for their own good" in not considering themselves to be sex objects. Shame about not wanting to own us anymore...I suppose you'll just have to pick yourself up and soldier on, Lol

In any case, I certainly wouldn't consider your views as representative of the majority of males in our society.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 14 October 2010 9:10:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Maybe that is conditioning more than nature - the jury is still out on that one. '
No the jury isn't out.

When discussing something negative for men, it's nature. When discussing something negative for women, it's conditioning. When discussing something positive for women, it's nature, unless in the context of women being treated differently, then it's conditioning. When discussing something positive for men, it's conditioning.

So, if a man commits a violent crime, it's the violent nature of men. Ditto wars. The expectation is that with women holding all the positions of power there would be no war.

If a man achieves in a leadership role, invents cures for cancer, does anything else good, it's conditioning. Women could achieve the same given the same conditioning and opportunities.

If a woman is looking to get custody, children are better off with the nature of the nurturing mother. But this nurturing is conditioning in the context of any gender pay gap, and women who choose not to work are only more interested in mothering due to conditioning.

'I don't think only women can be victims'
No, but you find it distasteful that men can ever discuss being a victim, while it exists that overall, world wide and historically women are worse off. That's what I mean by a monopoly.

'Boys have to be taught that such behaviour is not acceptable'
It looks to me from all reports it was invited. I think we need to get away from this patronising protection of women. While ever we patronise women for not being able to make their own decisions and be active rather than passive, especially with sex, we are teaching girls they are 'special', needing protection and validation from men.

This article had some interesting assumptions...
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 14 October 2010 9:36:20 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/a-chilling-realisation-of-how-close-i-might-have-come-to-rape-20101012-16hxg.html

This bloke was pursued by a woman, both were very drunk, yet he assumes that if they were to have sex she was not responsible for her actions while he was responsible for HER actions. The law backs this up.

He beats himself up as a potential rapist. Their first encounter she kissed him out of the blue. Had he done the same, it would be sexual assault had it not been welcome.

Lots of comments said because she was drunk, if he penetrated her, he was doing something while drunk so was responsible, but she was having something done to her for which she bares no responsibility. Women are aggressive and should be allowed to be sexually aggressive and not assumed to be passive little victims in every scenario even when it is plain they are are not.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 14 October 2010 9:36:34 AM
'Teaching kids about mutual consent and personal space can be done without criminalising or demonising everyone.'

So what are we teaching about mutual consent when a girl sends a topless picture to a boy and the boy is punished?

'. In teaching kids about appropriate behaviour we also need to teach girls about responsibility and safe behaviours ie. what the consequences might be if you send pictures of your breasts to a boy.'

I notice pelican you talk about 'safe' and 'responsible' behaviour for the girl, but it didn't even occur too you that the boy didn't consent. What if the boy had sent a picture of his penis to the girl?

It seems the attitude out there is that sex is something men do to women, not with them. Men penetrate women, women don't envelop men. Men are always the predator, even when women kiss them out of the blue in a bar. A boy is in trouble because a girl sent him a picture of her topless. Boys are in trouble because they consensually touched a girls breast.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 14 October 2010 9:52:37 AM
Women are like water, precious to life and we only miss it when it has gone. This view of women in the periphery and man being the apex human in nearly all our societies has led to a logical summation that if it got done it was done by man, equally if it was wronged then it was wronged by man.

Two early incidents taught me that social gender expectations should be thrown out the window.
When I was perhaps ten or eleven some friends visited with their daughter of my age, I had known her all my life. We went to the local park to "hang" and she asked me if I had experienced sex, had I kissed a girl, and other stuff that I was uncomfortable with because a girl had never raised it (no pun) with me before. The conversation ended because I had nothing to say, and I forgot about it.

Next week end her mum and mine called me into the bedroom and asked why I had discussed filthy things with the daughter. I said I didn't and that nothing was discussed like that, leaving out the part that she instigated and carried the conversation, they made me swear on the bible that I was innocent, I thought it bazaar. Why she lied, who knows.

When I was a teen and working in a supermarket after school the head girl was a sweet, extremely pretty, openly caring and very sexy milf. The staff despised, not disliked despised her to a man or woman. She was the most manipulative and corrupt soul I have ever met. No scruples other than those exhibited for the gallery. One on one she was a poison that left a bad taste in your mouth, her whole persona was deception and usury.

Men are not all that bad, we have given women a go at freedom of choice through emancipation and if they were physically stronger we would have a real challenge on our hands fighting these innocents off because they can “out sly us” every day of the week.
Posted by sonofgloin, Thursday, 14 October 2010 10:52:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11