The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Getting charged for leaving young children at home alone

Getting charged for leaving young children at home alone

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. All
This is why I love olo, everyone's judge, jury , and executioner.lol

Why not let runner baby sit, and not only would you not need a pool fence, but by the time you got back from the RSL, your kids would be walking on water. Smile.

No one knows the circumstances to this story, its all speculation and conjecture, and if you do know something, you should not be putting it here.

Innocent until proven guilty, well its sounds good.lol.

And a big pat on the back for those people that are not witch hunters.

How human! Everyone wants to burn someone but themselves.

I just love it!

TTM>
Posted by think than move, Thursday, 30 September 2010 8:15:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
think than move,

I presume Jinny posted here because she wanted some feedback.
I heard enough of her explanation and defence of leaving her children unsupervised to form an opinion. Those of us who disagreed with her method of nocturnal nurturing said so.
No-one here wishes Jinny any continuing hardship. We appreciate that she's trying to make her way in the world like the rest of us.
Btw, in my opinion, it would be more help to her if the authorities assisted her to work out a solution to her dilemma rather than prosecute her.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 30 September 2010 8:45:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
to save me reading all pages, was it said she "reported herself"

if so, what was that all about?
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Thursday, 30 September 2010 8:51:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If that story is 100% accurate, and it may not be, then the police officer broke the law and could very easily be charged with an offence.
Transki,
this is true but to contest the charge would have cost him too much.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 30 September 2010 9:49:34 PM
Police support DOCs and FACHSIA; not the other way around regarding the well being of children or possible situations of neglect. Police or DOCs are initially contacted by a tip off via a neighbour, family member or known person to the family.

Interviews are conducted by both police officers and DOCs/FACHSIA reps.

Most people are aware of this.

If there is a history or witness accounts that children are left on a regular basis at home [ie at a young age], this is required to be addressed.

The facts are that some parents have no idea [lack of common sense] of how their children behave or react after the parents leave the home for a period of time, particularly between the ages of 5-10 years.

When an Australian program decided to demonstrate a door knocking process with young kids left on their own at home, most children allowed the unknown visitor to walk into their homes, tour the rooms and bedrooms, chatting away to the unkown visitor [the interviewer who undertook various poses [in disguise].

All sorts of lies and friendliness were sufficient for the program interviewer to be allowed access by those parents' kids.

Most know how serial killers lure their victims. Think here of Ivan luring backpackers wearing his Road working garb and perhaps popping on an orange warning light on the top of his vehicle he'd had,with some witches hats displayed on the base of his vehicle. A taxi driver, a person disguised as an officer, a security guard, on it goes.

The parents were then interviewed and 'shocked' [I roll my eyes here] given that parents 'think' they have conditioned or educated their kids to behave according to their [parents] rules when in fact, on many occasions it is the opposite.

All kids take risks as do adults, kids are gullible, as are many adults.

As I said Ginny, if you love your children do not leave them unattended.
Posted by we are unique, Thursday, 30 September 2010 10:40:06 PM
Jinny whatever the true story I am sorry for the trouble you are in.
You have the key and the answer to this, you can find a way around it and learn from it.
No one but you can do it better.
You must not let those who wish to judge you good or bad influence you here.
However personal truth and understanding are your best tools.
My job is one that see,s me helping people in trouble every day.
Some bring that trouble down on them selves time and again, other learn from it and become better persons.
I fall for storys that would make a concrete statue cry, would rather be like that than convict the inocent.
But I too learn, to see between the lines, to question, to try to help even the helpless.
Your words Jinny convict you, the unwritten and the written here.
It is not the end, no one is perfect, we all get it wrong build on your own words of love for your kids and move on you can do it.
my regards and best wishes.
TTM you too need to get away from that bitterness good luck.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 1 October 2010 4:10:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11