The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Getting charged for leaving young children at home alone

Getting charged for leaving young children at home alone

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
So... now, instead of concentrating and making money so the kids and I can live a good life, I have to spend every other day going for meetings/appointments, and the latest, court appearances, because I choose to live life to my believes, values, and knowledge? Awesome change for our planet.

Just FYI, no one complaint to the authorities, I informed them that myself. As I mentioned, I did not know this was against the law in QLD. Why don't they make Australians more aware of all the new law they come up with? 2 ppl got fined for smoking near some religious building. How are they supposed to know they can't when there are no signs? Honestly?? Do they think we have nothing better do to then to sit in front of the idiot box everyday so we can get more brain-washed and programmed into how we should live or lives?

Also, I noticed that many people here have no sense doing what they say. Is the language that hard to comprehend, or are they that accustom to lying that they actually don't even realize they do in. I wish I lived on their time zone. 1 second= a few minutes, 2 minutes= 25 minutes, a while= an hour almost. Wow, I'd live to be able to do so much more with my life.

People who have jobs with power somehow think they have the right to abuse others. What happened to human rights and respecting life? Every life form. What happened to unity of living together with other forms of life? In order to safe our planet, we need to admit to our flaws and make a difference, for the future generation. Else, we're going to turn out to be robots, controlled by anybody who has enough power.
Posted by jinny, Thursday, 30 September 2010 4:46:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jinny,

I'm trying to get my head around your attitude.
When my son was five years-old he was still in kindergarten. I would have no more thought of leaving him unattended in the situation you describe than I would have flown to the moon.
It is a parental responsibility to provide not only physical security for children, but also psychological security. By leaving your children alone at night you have failed to provide either of these.
I can't fathom why you would fuss over your children's nutrition and at the same time feel it is entirely within the bounds of reason and parental responsibility to leave them alone in dwelling, separate from yourself or an alternate carer.
We do have many laws that tend to bureaucratise life to absurdity, however, the circumstances you have described do not fit that category.
You will have plenty of time in the not too distant future to make your money and do what you want to do. For now, your children are young and they need you to watch out for them in a responsible manner.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 30 September 2010 5:39:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jinny please do not be offended \.
Know if you needed it some of us, those who agree and disagree with you would give it to you.
Do not take this real story as an insult to you.
It is in fact only a reminder to all hasbeen my old sparring partner too.
Watching that 7.30 investigative journalism show.
A woman and her kids popped up on screne.
She had a tail to tell of sleeping in her car no place to live no money a harsh life of brutal men and it went on.
Cash collected and a home found.
It would have been about her 15th home, every one set up by helpful people, her story was true only in the fact she was in trouble, again.
she always was always will be, drugs men,education departments kids who do not go to school.
I and a few cringed we knew the story we had gave help too many times ,some times you must look under the carpet before declaring the house clean.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 30 September 2010 6:16:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig: Thanks for the link. That's how I found this website in the first place.

Poirot: Thanks for your opinion. As I have mentioned. You have no idea of my circumstances. Would it be better for the children if I allow them to live in a refugee center then? I have been used to giving them the best, and I will do anything in my capability to make sure that they are given a better childhood then mine. I had a great one btw.

If the authorities want to investigate on child abuse, why don't they investigate the children's step-father? Who can't even come spend time with the on father's day? My kids ask me all the time when they are going to see him, and they don't get to see him. Is that not mentally and emotionally abuse the children? It's not to say the father doesn't miss them, it is because he is too selfish to think about the kids.

Why don't they investigate on the children's biological father, who has been stalking me for so long. Thought my daughter how to lie at the age of 3. Never ever bothered to support the children. NO, you know what the authorities tell me? It's such a complicated case. So they can't really do much since he is not in this country. His aim in life is to bring me down because I choose to live my live without having to live with false accusations all the time. But in the mean time, the abuse will keep going on, it's come to a point where I can't even make friends anymore. I have to isolate myself completely, coz the last friend I made ended up being subjected to a lot of unnecessary stress. So yeah, I have no one here to help. No friends, no family.
Posted by jinny, Thursday, 30 September 2010 6:18:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just to clarify, I read someone mention about my negativity. As I said before. Do not judge when you do do not know. I have strangers telling me each time what a positive vibe I have. I do not look at things negatively. I believe everything happens for a reason. This happened to teach me a lesson. I admit that it was my mistake as I did not know about this law. I also promised that I would never do it again. I do not say things I don't mean.

I thank you everyone who has put in feedback and views for this post. I respect all your opinions. Have a great day today. Appreciate everything around you.
Posted by jinny, Thursday, 30 September 2010 6:18:58 AM
jinny your telling others not to judge and you tell Pirot "You have no idea of my circumstances" yet you have chosen to place enough of your story on a public forum to try and highlight your concerns about government intervention in your circumstances.

It seems that you are trying to have your cake and eat it to.

I'm also a single parent and I've had some years of having my options limited by the responsibilities that go with parenting. Predominately my own choices by the way.

The legal balance is not always right between rights and responsibilities for parents but my impression is that most of those involved in child protection field work are fairly switched on to real life.

It's my understanding that children need to be at least 12 before they can be left unattended for any sustained period (you can go to the toilet, take a shower, sleep etc).

I agree that other people insisting on feeding kid's junk food (and similar behaviours) can be a pest but that's a different topic to government intervention over young children being left unattended.

I don't know your circumstances either, I do know that I've needed to adjust my own choices, beliefs and expectations many times to fit the circumstance of being a parent.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 30 September 2010 6:44:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12