The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Getting charged for leaving young children at home alone

Getting charged for leaving young children at home alone

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
When we say grace, to we thank the lord for the life he's given us?
Do we thank for all the love we have in our lives, and not the money and possessions?
Knowledge is wealth, ignorance is bliss.
Sometimes I wish I was born simple, not a care in the world.
Don't you? It's what we know that makes us different.
Most contributors here know a lot from what I notice, alot of good advice, suggestions, discussions.
I've been thinking, maybe the next step government would consider is to put us all in those anti-germ balls? No risk then.

The laws are created because of mistakes made by others. Somehow authorities assume that each individual human being are the same? THey have the right to make us abide to these law. We cannot change it as an individual? Or can we?

I was less then 5 mins walk from home using the internet, and I told the cops I wanted to go back because my kids are home. Good learning experience. Now not only do I have to waste time going for a number of hearings, I have to keep my mouth shut about my opinions.

Those who are trouble makers, like me, when you try to change the laws, they will shut you up. How many times has it happen in the past. Conspiracy theories, rallies, protest, etc. It is a lot easier to do it behind a computer, but does it change anything?
Posted by jinny, Thursday, 7 October 2010 4:15:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes this makes a difference. It makes a difference to those people who care enough about trying to change the wrongs. It makes us aware what is out there, what is happening, what might happen in our future, our children's future. Don't you start worrying when you think about it?

You choose your PM, yet so many are not happy. Why hasn't anyone done anything about it then? At least the PM(s) had the drive to become one. I'm sure they(ex) all worked hard for to get there. Whether or not they are doing the right thing is another issue. I am certain there are some in the ministry that is trying to fight the system, I can imagine, it would feel like you are trying to fight the whole world. Easier to sit back and just watch it being destroyed....

Easier to be a spectator then a player. Which one are you?
Posted by jinny, Thursday, 7 October 2010 4:23:15 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
R0bert: Do you mean that I am making the vile attacks? I apologize for that. For me, it's called expressing, which I think I am entitled to. I am not saying somebody is that, I suggest, and I try to understand why someone would say things like that. There is a big possibility I am wrong as I do not know anyone here. So, I am sorry for that.

Divorce Doctor: Nice to hear from you again. You are very interesting. I would like to ask, why is the PM's private life/childhood and personal decisions in his private life a subject of discussion to the public? Would you like if it was you in the papers and everyone else discussing and judging you when they do not even know you? I'm not attacking you, so please don't get me wrong.

Cornflower: As I have mentioned, I already admitted to my mistake and I am being extremely careful(more like obsessed) with the kids. I agree with what you posted last here. Thank you.
Posted by jinny, Thursday, 7 October 2010 4:31:12 AM
jinny, "Do you mean that I am making the vile attacks?" - not, not you. I was responding to this post http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4001#99481 . The idea of stoning someone (or worse) reflects a world view that I find very repulsive.

Cornflower two wrongs don't make a right but I do think that there the government intevenes it has to be seen to being reasonably even handed and that does not seem to be the case here.
There is a safety issue with young kid's alone but if they are asleep not all that big unless they are likely to wake up. Compared to the risks in a lot of other choices which we tolerate they seem quite low to me. Some of the same risks exist with the parent at home but asleep.

Did you see Q&A earlier in the week? One of the guests was a NYC columist who caused a big stir by allowing her son to make his own way home from a shop in New York. A different scenario to this but some similar elements.

I grew up on a farm which both parents worked. There were plenty of times my brother and I were in the house while our parents were doing work elsewhere on the property. It was part of life.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 7 October 2010 12:39:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy