The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Forum Rage

Forum Rage

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. ...
  14. 15
  15. 16
  16. 17
  17. All
CJ has always been such a gentleman to me. In fact, I really think he's the most intelligent and articulate poster on OLO. I'm sure if I were to meet him, I'd be smitten. In bed, I bet he's assertive in a way that isn't aggressive, and submissive in a way that isn't wussy. He just makes me week at the knees. Mr Darcy, you've got nothing on CJ!
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 4 March 2010 8:32:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course, one of the very best strategies when dealing with boorish oafs is to simply turn one's back on them and talk to others with better manners.

Which is exactly what I intend to do with the rest of this thread :)

Thanks to Poirot, Foxy and Pynchme for the kind words. I love you too, Howler :X
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 4 March 2010 8:39:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJMorgan:"Thanks to Poirot, Foxy and Pynchme for the kind words."

Me, a couple of posts ago:"To me there's a great deal more intellectual honesty and basic courage of conviction in standing by one's individual words and views rather than relying on a chorus of "yeahs' and "me toos" for validation."

As I said...
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 4 March 2010 8:52:22 AM
Hey pynchme,

Can I be called nice too? I really really like feminism! Please! Oh, why wont you like me! I'm really not like that nasty antiseptic. Really. Ask pelican. But don't ask that Fractelle. It makes me so sad that you cant understand I need love too.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 4 March 2010 8:53:53 AM
Antiseptic,

You rarely add anything of value to OLO, and it's a good thing there are some good men in the world who don't hate women like you do. Girls, I'm sorry for antiseptic, but be safe in knowing men aren't all like that. There are men like me that are non-threatening, and ready to give you cuddles.

I respect women, and I want to shout it from the rooftops!

Oh, and I can be hard, but in a respectful, intelligent and polite way, and I will defend the honour of you girls, and be fearless in the face of the overwhelmingly frightening threat of an anonymous post pooh poohing my opinions. I'm so brave.

PS: pynchme, what about now?
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 4 March 2010 9:00:57 AM
How about we try "PO," - "Provocative Operation?"

According to Edward de Bono:

"Provocation is an important lateral thinking
technique that helps to generate original
starting points for lateral thinking..."

"To use provocation make a deliberately stupid comment...
and use the statement as the starting point for
generating ideas... "

Look at:

1) The consequences of the statement.
2) What the benefits would be.
3) What special circumstances would make it
a sensible solution.
4) The principles needed to support it and
make it work.
5) How it would work moment to moment.
6) What would happen if a sequence of events
was changed?

Antiseptic, Houellie, Cornflower, anyone,
game to give it a go?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 4 March 2010 10:41:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11