The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Forum Rage

Forum Rage

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All
Pelican:"savoury with a light flaky pastry."

Flaky? Never. I'm thinking cheese and asparagus in a very short crust.

Well peppered.

Foxy:"The Queen of Hearts
Ate Neenish Tarts"

Is that yours, Foxy? It's very Lear-esque.

I loved Lear as a kid. Used to read him with a dictionary to hand to check myself on spotting the nonsense words.

Belly:"Your dislike of women is noted "

Oh dear, Belly, you can't resist the dog-whistle, can you?

How many of the blokes working on the road construction crews are doing it because they no longer have a home and a wife and children they can see, but they do have a large Child Support and family court legal bill? When I was working down your way at Tarcutta and Yass, the percentage was very high indeed. I learned the blokes to avoid at the pub after a few beers, because they were simply too miserable to be decent company or were always angry.

Your union is a Union of men, to a very great extent, so why does it support discrimination against men? Why does it support laws that actively disadvantage a great many of its members?

Examinator:"why roll in it for entertainment."

Roll in what? You see a blue collar perspective as something nasty to be avoided?

I think my point stands. The blue-collar perspective is not something that the middle-class is used to having to hear about, especially if it is well-articulated, rather than the dog-whistling of the Unions that is all you usually hear.

A typical male blue-collar worker does not participate on sites such as this because he doesn't possess the language to do so, or regard the doing as worthwhile. If he did, he'd be shouted down by the smartarses and would probably not bother returning.
Posted by Antiseptic, Sunday, 7 March 2010 7:56:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy