The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Forum Rage

Forum Rage

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All
Dear Antiseptic,

You ask me, "Did I get some
really good eccies this arvo?"

I don't understand what you're
asking - so your comment has
fallen flat. But I'm sure you
meant it to be clever.

Never mind - you can try again in
your next post.

Dear Examinator,

I meant to explain about my court jester post.
I don't see Houellie as the court jester type
at all. He's not here to entertain others -
only himself. To me he'd fit more into a
court knave category. Hence, an impudent rogue,
or scoundrel... would be more apt.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 5 March 2010 10:20:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Examinator,

You may have mixed up the jester with the knave.
It was the knave who usually got punished in court :-)

"The Queen of Hearts
She made some tarts
All on a summer's day

The Knave of Hearts
He stole the tarts
And took them clean away

The King of Hearts
Called for the tarts
And beat the Knave full score

The Knave of Hearts
Brought back the tarts
And vowed he'd steal no more."

Luverly!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 5 March 2010 10:31:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy:"I don't understand what you're
asking"

Not surprising, those eccies must have been really good...

Just for you: my remark was prompted by your comment bout the forum being all about sweetness and light. eccies=ecstasy tablets=feeling of goodwll towards all (or so I'm told...).

Still, it's good to see you're maintaining solidarity with the tarts. A day's not complete without a sweet tart at the end of it.
Posted by Antiseptic, Saturday, 6 March 2010 6:20:24 AM
The answer is so simple what we purpose in our heart becomes our passion and we tend to defend our passions passionatly .
Posted by Richie 10, Saturday, 6 March 2010 7:59:45 AM
Can Squeers be psychoanalysed here? I think I can lay claim to being occasionally infuriating (well I do my best). Is the fault mine, or are we sometimes too conservative? After all, we don't want OLO to degenerate into a love-in.
I think our motto should be: "have your cherished views challenged and be prepared to think again". Our opinions have been years in the making, assuming they're based on reason, and the danger is keeping them sacred.
Posted by Squeers, Saturday, 6 March 2010 8:37:13 AM
Coming on this thread is like watching a re-run of the Three Stooges.

It is a bit like watching a fire, you know if you put your hand in it might hurt, but you can't help yourself drawing closer to the flame. :)

Anti: "Not at all. I suggest that we all return to discussing our putative latent homosexuality immediately. Or Lara's boobs."

Well, I suppose Lara's boobs are nice.

It is interesting that the poster starting a thread about forum rage is the one calling everyone a tart.

Classic stuff. Houlley will be enjoying himself.
Posted by pelican, Saturday, 6 March 2010 9:36:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All