The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gay Marriage Killed the Dinosaurs

Gay Marriage Killed the Dinosaurs

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
Top 17 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong (SARCASM ALERT!)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2204465246&ref=ts

17. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

16. Gay culture is a new fad created by the liberal media to undermine long-standing traditions. We know this is true because gay sex did not exist in ancient Greece and Rome.

15. There are plenty of straight families looking to adopt, and every unwanted child already has a loving family. This is why foster care does not exist.

14. Conservatives know best how to create strong families. That is why it is not true that Texas and Mississippi have the highest teen birthrates, and Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire have the lowest. This is a myth spread by the liberal media.

13. Marriage is a religious institution, defined by churches. This is why atheists do not marry. Christians also never get a divorce.

12. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why our society has no single parents.

11. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

10. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

9. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
Posted by D.Funkt, Monday, 19 October 2009 6:18:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You have failed us, D. Funkt.

By adding "sarcasm alert" to an otherwise hilarious and sadly accurate post, you have deprived us of the spectacle of half a dozen posters completely failing to recognise the sarcasm and attacking you for it.

I sentence you to a polygamous relationship with Boy George and Julian Clary.
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 19 October 2009 8:59:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lol D.Funkt! I enjoyed your' brand of sarcasm.
You have made many valid points against the silly notions put out there against gay marriage.

The same can also be said for how many Australians feel about the subject. I for one do not feel at all threatened by who marries who, or who has sex with whoever. It is no one else's business.

However, good luck to you when some of our resident God-fearing lads and lasses get on to this topic!
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 19 October 2009 9:55:27 PM
I have also heard the 'evolutionary argument' in that if we allow gays to marry then they'll breed and take over and that will be the end of the species.

There's just one problem with this idea that I can't quite put my finger on at the moment but I know it's there somewhere.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 19 October 2009 10:23:16 PM
I want to know what the other 8 are.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 19 October 2009 10:37:05 PM
Dear Bugsy,

As this is a clean and respectable forum I think it might be best if you kept your finger off it. ;)
Posted by csteele, Monday, 19 October 2009 11:04:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy