The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Faking It

Faking It

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. 23
  10. All
It may say more about me than others but faking it gets to me.
Found that as a headline in this mornings news papers.
Faking it leads to a perfect marriage, does it, are we that shallow?
It is the way I am, often it sees me wander away from crowds, that kiss on the cheek from some one who dislikes you.
The lets pretend we are friends thing?
Why, we all do it, smile and extend our hand while hiding our true thoughts.
But more and more of us are making good use of the term once you can fake sincerity you have it made.
Is there room for honesty?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 6:01:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
belly, I think everyone who want to live in this earth and get a better relationship need to fake sth. sometimes for not hurting others, sometimes for business benefit. you can't show very straight, which will make you seem very overbearing and like a arrogant. when i was kid, i hate fake too. but now the society changed me.
Posted by gunner, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 8:16:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You mean the fake it to make it thing and eventually you actually take it onboard and feel that way? Yabby might have an opinion about that and whether we can change our own hormone levels or chemical reactions to do this or even if the mind can beat back some basic emotions long enough to alter them?

Might be what stalkers do, decide they love someone and run it over and over in their mind until they are seeing things that aren’t there and reading things in to what you say that has nothing to do with them.

I fake it, a new kid will arrive that I don’t like – I search relentlessly for something I do like about them (even hair colour will do) and then expand it from there.

We’re all fakers, even the most honest of us will still make an effort to maybe not embarrass another or hurt another with our honesty.

Teenage girls are the biggest fakers in the world, they sit and have the biggest gripe sessions about a “friend” then the friend walks in and they are suddenly so totally supportive and sensitive. Or maybe that’s just letting off steam between friends so it doesn’t build up?

Are fakers really just kinder people doing their part to make society run smoothly?
Posted by The Pied Piper, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 9:03:59 AM
Pied has made some astute comments. We all fake it at times, especially at work - I have found being totally honest in the public service does not go down too well. Best to accept the things you cannot change and try and make small inroads into those that you might wield some influence.

In general terms there is a place for faking it in some situations. ie. I would prefer a retail assistant who has had a bad day to treat me respectfully even if it is faked than act in a terse and anti-social way.

But I think Belly marriage is a whole other ballgame. Sometimes in a marriage you have to accept things about your partner you might not like and vice versa but weigh it up in terms of importance. Some things are just not worth raising and people generally cannot change old habits, some people just can't communicate on the same level. In those cases it is best sometimes to just accept without judgement. In a marriage there has to be some compromise. I am not sure if that is faking it or not.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 9:28:32 AM
The Pied Piper
"Are fakers really just kinder people doing their part to make society run smoothly?"
Usualy the fakers are weak persons who afraid to claim their rights, who underestimate their self and accept their humiliation as a normal every day condition.
Why I have to fake, to humiliate my self and avoid to tell the truth?
Why I intent that I am happy when on my 40 I can not drive a car when every one else can drive and has his/her car?
Why while I have so high income I intent that I am happy without car when I can not go shopping, I can not visit friends or relatives, I can not take my children to park or cinema, I can not go a trip for fresh air?
Do we have to lie our self for conditions which are shamefull for us?
There are extremely rear cases and for a little time only where we can be fake.
Generaly fakers are the weak people not the strong one, not the people who respect their self and the others, not the people who can claim their rights, who can fight for their dreams.
Personaly I feel shame to write with a fake name, I feel shame to disagree and intent that I agree, to see the wrong doing and close my mouth, to know that you do the right thing and not to encourage you.
For me the fakers sent the wrong meseges to perpetraitors, to immature and irrisponsible people, to cheap and dirty people, that their acts are acceptable, that they can continue their sick acts, that to close a woman in the home as a prisoner, to behave to a woman as a second class person, without integrity and respect is acceptable and that he can continue to behave with that way.
The fakers not only victimize and humuliate their self but with their acts encourage the victimization of other innocent people, they damage human realations and play an important role in the creation of a fake, unfair and authoritarian society.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 9:52:52 AM
Pelican wise words indeed.

Belly
There is a difference between 'faking it' and superficial superstitiousness.
E.g. I know my wife is bored to snores with my in depth analysis but she does try.
I get bored with conversations about her searching the net for cheap "Kathy van Zeeland" hand bags( with dingle dangles ...important!) and I help her with bidding etc. For her birthday we won 5. Why 5 and DD I don't understand nor particularly want to. It is enough that she considers it important.
But the fact that we both try is what engenders trust that we don't automatically have selfish intentions. A preparedness to sacrifice/compromise hence 32 years later we battle on.

On the other hand I refused to accept an award from the previous Mayor because it was a political ploy to use it to get what developers wanted (a measured 70% of the public didn't). He was hypocritical. As a consequence he lost and came gunning for eAnt and I. I paid a price, My choice.

I guess it all comes down to understanding the others motives.
Well that's my take on it for what it's worth.
Posted by examinator, Tuesday, 25 August 2009 10:11:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. 23
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy