The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Enlightened thought

Enlightened thought

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Squeers,
Thank you...I jealous and your superior concise style. ;-(

I look forward to reading more of your work.
Posted by examinator, Sunday, 23 August 2009 10:39:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I’m with Belly on this (which just goes to show that there is still hope that one day he may vote liberal!).
If al-Megrahi is guilty, he deserved to serve the full sentence –I seriously doubt there will any lasting goodwill, in the circles where it is most needed.

What some have forgotten is that 9/11 wasn’t a once off, first time offense.
There were similar incidents in the past to which the USAs response could be described as feeble to non-existent.
Remember the embassy bombings, Clinton fired few rockets at an empty training camp –and everyone moved on.
Clinton moved on to Monica, which involved him firing other projectiles – and Osama, moved on to planning for 9/11
So why would doing an impersonation of Neville Chamberlain, post 9/11, be any more effective?

--“Life is rarely about what happened ; it’s mostly about what we think happened” --- Chuck Klosterman
If the dominant ethos in much of the Middle East, analyses & filters every thing through an “America is the great Satan” lens, turning the other cheek is only going to result in the USA being shafted.

It wouldn’t surprise me if one day a rogue group, aided-and-abetted by foreign govts, takes out a Western city with either nuclear, biological, or chemical agents . After which, half of our “sober” & “compassionate” minded thinkers- will no doubt wave a finger and say naughty, naughty ( of course, in a subdued voice so as not to provoke or traumatize!), and the other half will be madly searching for a reason to blame the West .

PS Mikk if I borrow a couple of million from you, will you let me pay it off in the hereafter
Posted by Horus, Sunday, 23 August 2009 11:53:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with Horus and Belly. There is only one thing these mongerals understand and that is supperior strength. They reward any act of compassion with further atrocities. Compassion is not a word in their dictionary. Not to react is taken as a sign of weakness and encouragement.

Take Iraq, they were only united when the statue of Saddam came down and instead of embracing democracy they began blowing each other up, each trying to be top dog by the only means they know, which is violence. We have not been at war in Iraq since Saddam was defeated, we have only been trying to keep these stupid people from killing each other.

Any act of kindness and compassion is thrown back in our face. I saw a video of kerosene being poured over a hostage and then kicked into a fire. another of a boy, about 12, given practical instruction in cutting a hostages throat, sound effects and all. You can't deal with people like those.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 23 August 2009 1:18:01 PM
The next 9/11 or any of the next one hundred, we will see many more, will shine a light on some who would cuddle such as this murderer.
Armed with hate, often little formal education only primitive belief death while committing murders is to be rewarded is its self primitive.
73 virgins? how could any man handle them, would they be slaves too, like so many in some country's.
No chance Horus I will ever waste my vote, shh do not tell anyone, but NSW is unlikely to See me not vote against my party but not for yours.
I again ask, do not let your humanity, the lefts humanity, be the rule you judge mass murderer by.
America is no saint it murders too, but is not the teacher of hate based on hate we face, ignore it at your risk.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 23 August 2009 1:47:05 PM
Belly, Banjo and co,
thanks for the practical illustration of the points made above.
Posted by Squeers, Sunday, 23 August 2009 1:56:08 PM
Belly, we are going to have to stop this, but I agree completely.

I do find those who are the most eloquent are those with the silliest posts. Perhaps it's a matter of too much time spent think how, rather than what to say.

I am horrified by the number here, who would give control of my kids future to anyone who cared to take it, & take it they will, if we let these twits guide our future.

These people are so absorbed in what they see as their own superiority, they spend their time in empty, & even dangerous gestures, & words.

These empty geatures are shown up by a couple of things I've seen in some so called less sophisticated societies.

In Samari PNG, long after self government, stood a statue to a bloke, who "had dedicated his life to making PNG a fit place for a white man to live". When I asked the power house manager, a local, why they didn't change the plinth he said they had more important things to do.

In Gizo, Solomon Islands, long after self government, the warehouse on the main wharf proclaimed, in a very faded huge sign, GIZO, British Solomon Island Protectorate. When I asked the harbour master [another local], why they had not changed it, he asked, with a distinct twinkle in his eye, "why, will it help you know where you are".

It would be nice to get some of these people to come to Oz, & give lectures in HOW TO GET OVER YOURSELF 101.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 23 August 2009 3:24:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy