The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Turnbull Rudd Swan lets talk

Turnbull Rudd Swan lets talk

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
I have waited for some one to start this thread.
If another one is waiting in the wings we need not see this one.
But this week,well the last and this one are historic.
Who is telling the truth? has any wrong been done?
Did that car salesman get a favor?
Any money or credit?
Well believe it or not my thoughts are not driven by bias towards my party the ALP.
I do honestly think Turnbull is threatened more by these events than any one.
Yet I also think he was miss led by others in his party, while acting foolishly he did not lie.
If his party would let him, he remains the man to lead it but his enemy is within his own party in my view.
The negative no policys policy of the federal opersition has bought us to this day.
Just maybe its time to avoid an election of both houses, rebuild and focus on policys , pass those government bills with amendments if needed.
Tell me one month from today who you think comes out worse for ware in this storm in a tea cup.
I will tell you without waiting the federal oppersition.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 22 June 2009 5:14:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suspect Turnbull's been set up as well, Belly, although my suspicion is that it was Labor, not his own people who did so. Regardless, he showed pretty appalling judgement to stick his neck out so far without evidence in his hand. This was meant to be a fishing trip, but he turned it into a whale hunt. Hunting whales is a dangerous business, especially political orcas like Rudd and Swan.

I expect he'll weather the storm and be a better politican for having done so. After all, who else have they got? Hockey? Pyne? Abbott? Bishop? I reckon my dog, Max, could do just as well as any of those and he'd be much more trustworthy...
Posted by Antiseptic, Monday, 22 June 2009 8:06:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
turn-bull into votes..[we have a former banker with his back against the wall on huge fishing expiditions..[pretending knowledge that is rumoured to egsist..by gossip through internal channels..[anyone knowing how politricks works..would naturally preume that any bailouts..would create conpromising email exchanges

the betting by turnbull is that mates do as mates do..[scratch each others backs],,lets face it govt is run by big business..[allways has been allways will be,..we could expound endlessly on how howard gave half a billion to his mate in gladstone..[to build a magnesia processing plant]..

and the list for liberal govt subsidy's is as long as their conjoined[two party]..arms,but lets expound the magnesia plant that never got built despite combined fed/state..govt gifts of 1 billion

effectivly mr howhard..[and messer beatup/beaty..[who each filled the coffer with half a bil each]..were..simply speaking..doing that govts have allways done..[give private business public funds]...be it medical companies getting govt subsidy..[or the arms induistry getting huge funds,via govt]

the usual[minimum]return for electorial funding/govt bail-out return..is 100 dollars return for every dollar given..[more recently more than 1000 times,electoraL DONATIONS RETURN..[THINK OF 1000 dollar a plate dinners..lol]

everytime govt gives cash..there is the oppertuinity to turn-bull into a double disolution..via the boys club insideerr trading email/fax trail..[turn bull knows this..[its time the people knew this as well...

when will govt begin..serving the people..[simply speaking not in our life times...turnbull would be no different..he knows mud sticks..[because no-one gets in govt without the party machinations...NO BODY

the point being turn bull is as devious..as krudd is believable..[but the thing is..in the end..we will still have govt serving business its next wage/slave..tax-payer cash paid as you earn;..bonus

[regardless if its liberal largess or labour's favoured supporters getting their redemption's...little wonder the smart money backs both parties..[two to one..bet..to get 1000 to one...return,,great odds
Posted by one under god, Monday, 22 June 2009 8:43:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think this just demonstrates how a dirty tricks campaign kicks in when desperation is high and, although both sides have done it, the Libs certainly have a proven history in that department.

Their tendency to “play the man” is also a familiar trait, as frequent personal attacks against previous opponents demonstrates.

I don’t believe this was a setup by the ALP, any more than the fake Howard-Kennett memo was dreamed up by Ralph Willis 3 days out from the 1996 Federal election. That was an obvious plant by the Libs and Willis unfortunately took the bait but newly-elected Howard later refused to investigate its source.

The infamous pre-election Jackie Kelly flyer (as well as similar ones in other electorates that got no media coverage) shows more of the same. "Whatever it takes" is their motto.

Governments try to stay on a positive message and oppositions are the ones who concentrate on the negative. Rudd's got nothing to gain from this.

Turnbull is probably seeking to firm up his position as leader against any remaining potential challengers now that Costello’s finally out of the way and a high profile political scalp is the surest way to do this.

I think the strategy came from his own side and now everybody has an interest in drawing it out for as long as possible. Despite trying to generate some degree of doubt and suspicion I think Turnbull may have got it wrong on this one and will have to ride it out to the end.

I would prefer it if they got back to work and did what we are paying them to do.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 22 June 2009 9:23:35 AM
I don't think anyone is going to come out of this smelling of roses. But that's what happens when you choose to wallow in the pigpen, you get covered in the stuff that you find there.

Rudd has demonstrated his skill at dodging bullets, managing to leave Swan in the firing line. Whatever the outcome, he will now be viewed with some suspicion within his own party, as well as having another layer of "Kev07" electorate gloss removed.

Swan is either a fall guy or an innocent victim. If he is exposed by the mysterious email, he doesn't have too many places to hide. If he is cleared, he probably won't suffer the same level of gloss-removal as his boss, since he has never relied upon charisma. (Does that qualify as litotes?).

Turnbull has apparently stuck his head in a noose, but I doubt very much whether it will be fatal. If there isn't an email, he will probably describe the affair as a set-up - and it sounds very likely that it is - and refuse to resign. His party will look around at the alternatives available to them and say "Errr, ok Malcolm" and that will be that.

Rudd won't be able to use his backdown for any in-parliament advantage, because it will be a constant reminder of the smell of fish hanging over the original event.

Altogether, a storm in the proverbial teacup. Merely "a tale. Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Got it in one, Will.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 22 June 2009 9:35:46 AM
think people why else would keating give up the commonwealth bank[the background being the commonwealth was going to give govt low intrest loans[the world bank said no you will lend it from us [at over 13 percent[and you will seeloff the commonwealth bank[so keating did

lest we forget the former treasuror is on the board of the world bank[yest mr costeHELLo[who is expected to be running the govt pension sceme[you recall the sale of telstra..[be a few interesting emails there eh...anyhow soon cost-hell-oh..will be running that 60 billion fund howhard stashed away to pay govt servants..[and polies generouse super

how about howhard putting in compulsory super that gifts the stock marlketeers gambling with shocks values with our weekly super[a win/win that would also have very interesting emnail exchanges with costhello[little wonder he has ducked out of the game]

you recall how turnbull[into votes worked for that firm that got huge bailouts from us govt[they are in bewd with each other folks[dont you knoew the media cartel isnt reporting this stuff..[how did the bankers get control over issueing money[at intrest to govts in the first place[read creatures from jeckle island..

[how did govt gift them bankers the fed reserve?...by writing the fed reserve/aCT...same like bankers wrote the bailout act..[thousands of pages written in a few days...lol..yeah sure..it was[pass the act..or the finance system dies...what were you sleeping or what?]...if you dont know your not trying

we only change scemers briefly so the labor/unions can cop the blame[then the liberalies return to do more of the same

there are proofs here or there but who cares right..for any one looking to know they knew long ago[for those who dont they will simply whine about a non issue..[in the biggger sceme of things]
http://www.infowars.com/gerald-celente-washington-is-wall-st-and-wall-st-is-washington/
Posted by one under god, Monday, 22 June 2009 9:36:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy