The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where is Democracy?

Where is Democracy?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
It might be just a "club for the boys", but why do we go on year after year, decade after decade, allowing these self-serving financial opportunists the right to continue bringing down unjust laws and implementing legislation that in real terms does very little to ensure a sound and prosperous future for ALL the citizens of our country.

This has gone on for too long,... the well-worn pattern of the rich and the well-placed getting themselves elected to Government simply by kow-towwing to the right people in the right place at the right time, and then continuing the travesty by pledging their loyalty to that particular power group to ensure the passage of "unsavoury" legislation which invariably favours the well-being and financial prosperity of certain "privelaged groups"!

How many times have we seen politicians retire from Parliament and be rewarded for their "service to the boys club" with a very lucrative appointment to a company board, or to an overseas representational position with a very lucrative financial Salary and Allowances, all on top of an already massive Parliamentary Superannuation Pension, which is tax-free and is NOT subject to the same laws that are applied to the rest of the community!

This engrained protectionism can only be prevented from continuing by the many millions of voters standing up and demanding honesty and integrity from their many, many overpaid and underworked political representatives and the urgent implementation of an independent body to carefully scrutinize ALL financial remunerations and appointments in all areas where the Public Purse is at risk. ....It has been proved conclusively that SOME Politicians cannot be trusted to voluntarily do what is right by the people!
Posted by Crackcup, Thursday, 21 May 2009 5:40:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where is democracy? I will tell you where is democracy but you can see it ONLY with closed eyes!
Democracy is in our homes. Mary a coffee, George bring my food, Helen my newspaper!
Democracy is in workplaces! Today workers elected (what?) ... today ... I AM VERY SORRY BUT I CAN NOT IMAGINE DEMOCRACY IN WORKPLACES! BAD STORY!
Democracy is in political Parties! A small minority of party officials elected the new president of the party! Not from members, not from voters, not from supporters.
Democracy is the mass media, the following TWO editors create the public opinion in Australia. They are the real boses from Australian democracy.
Democracy is in the churches, accordind to the church leader and God's representative on the Earth, women are good for the... bed not for priests!
Democracy is .. NO WHERE, YES THERE IS NOT DEMOCRACY!
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 21 May 2009 6:01:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Down with them all" I say "down with them all"

Recently wide spread people power purged several Brisbane bayside councils of developer's stooges. Yah!
Now the bad news a number of these purged groups now have state elected representatives. Albeit by 30 votes for one!

It seems to me that people focus on groups but individuals (which comprise) these odious groups get elected because they now represent a party. Personally if an individual's morality and sense of public service stunk in one group then they will still stink in another group (excrement by any name still stinks).

Not surprisingly the new council of 'angels' are now sidling up to the trough for their luxuriating bathes.

The most reasonable conclusions I can come up with are

- that people have very limited memories and for interest in issues removed from either their emotions or immediate involvement.

-the fault is who we get in parliaments. Consider the NSW independent who ran a 20 campaign against the political sport of trough diving and wallowing.He was virtually ignored.

If we can change a seat for a butterfly, koala land why not over political "greedship." (a political skill)

The answer both are emotional and can be seen the the wallowing it's in secret.
Like I said down with them all....and maybe me for beneficent Dictator.....pretty please with tax deductions on top.
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 21 May 2009 6:30:49 PM
At least these pollies can be voted out. If the godless judges receive more power through a bill of wrongs we will witness corruption like never before (only we wont be able to vote them out).
Posted by runner, Thursday, 21 May 2009 7:00:35 PM
Whew, thank God for consensus. You almost all up to now agree that democracy is all but dead in Australia. Why? Because atheists and agnostics don’t understand Christianity, and I am talking Protestant Christianity, not the variety peddled by Rome, and have abolished democracy.

The unholy alliance between Roman Catholics, and agnostics and atheists abolished democracy from 1970 on in New South Wales, and gradually in all other States including Australia itself. Federal Court of Australia Act 1976 and High Court of Australia Act 1979 is when the lawyers in Parliament decided their religion, which is essentially Roman Catholic, would govern Australia.

When your right to vote, in a jury of twelve in a court, and your right to bring any Act of Parliament before Almighty God in a court, and bring it to trial without hindrance of interference by any public servant was abolished by Order 46 Rule 7A Federal Court Rules you lost democracy. Democracy was abolished in the Federal Court of Australia by s 39 Federal Court of Australia Act 1976 introduced by the Liberals, and ordinary people have no votes there.

In a democracy like the United States the right to vote in a jury is guaranteed. The right to start any court case is also guaranteed. If started a court case in the United States will be tried by a jury. In Australia it will be tried by a State Priest. We call them Judges, but they are exercising the powers of Almighty God.

I realized at law school that law had become a religion. The Pope is Justice French, and it used to be Gleeson. Both are Roman Catholic in heritage if not actually. The Labor Party in 1915, made laws to make these people accountable, and you personally really powerful, in the Crimes Act 1914 ( Cth). This guaranteed democracy, but lawyers would be accountable in a democracy. Their Temples would be demolished and courts restored, and you or I would be able, if threatened with a fine of any kind, to avoid it by appealing to twelve of our fellow voters, guaranteed
Posted by Peter the Believer, Friday, 22 May 2009 4:07:16 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just imagine a democracy. I was born into one, but it is Paradise lost. We have lost it because we have been complacent. We lost it in 1952, when Emperor Menzies, the Great Ming, introduced Order 58 Rule 4 subrule 3 into the High Court Rules 1952. This scurrilous and illegal piece of Liberal bastardry, has set the tone for Australian Government ever since. You be the Judge.

It says; If a writ, process, commission, petition, or application appears to a Registrar on its face to be an abuse of the process of the Court or a frivolous or vexatious proceeding or application, the Registrar must seek the direction of a Justice who may direct the Registrar to issue or file it or to refuse to issue or file it without the leave of a Justice first had and obtained by the party seeking to file it.

This means that even if you have a genuine grievance, and say that the Government has breached the Constitution, a Registrar and one Judge, can prevent you from getting a day in court. This gives Parliament and the ruling Party absolute power. Menzies was prohibited absolutely by S 77 (i) Constitution from legislating this, so he got his stooges on the High Court to change the Constitution by regulation. S 77 (i) Constitution says: Power to define jurisdiction: Parliament may make laws defining the jurisdiction of any federal court other than the High Court.

On the 1st January 1953, democracy died in Australia and the High Court became a Star Chamber. Before that it had stopped two things. It had stopped the Bank Nationalisation, that allowed Ming to win power, and it stopped Ming abolishing the Communist Party. In return Ming threatened to indict the lot of them, under S 43 Crimes Act 1914 ( Cth) unless they were good little boys, and passed the regulations he wanted. NO Judge or Magistrate in Australia has been safe ever since. When they sit without a jury they are criminals. They are completely at any government’s mercy, as Lionel Murphy found to his dismay.
Posted by Peter the Believer, Friday, 22 May 2009 4:35:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy