The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bra Snapper, Chair Sniffer Party

Bra Snapper, Chair Sniffer Party

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
I appreciate your sentiments Bronwyn. But I’m supporting Yabby on this one.

The antics that Mr Buswell has admitted to really don’t amount to a serious breach of ethics, morals, parliamentary behaviour or anything else, and should be viewed as trivial, or even positive in light-hearted or humorous manner.

Do you really think it would have been appropriate for him to have lost the leadership or his political career over this?

Whether Buswell is a “lout” who has brought on “assassinations” within the WA Libs, as Dickie suggests, is another thing entirely.

Incidentally Bronwyn, what ever happened to our discussion at http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=7207#111606 which was instigated by yourself and continued for some time, only to die well before its natural end? Too late now to continue with it. It’s closed.
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 16 May 2008 11:32:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Waxing lyrically, humor it is! But not in the style of Whitlam nor Fraser's fabled missing collection, nether is it a middle class snigger, black humor or snide contempt, not even a snickering knife in the back. It's regrettable boyhood humor now recognised by troy the man who now has manhoods responsibilities. Fair Dinkum Australians will forgive you Troy, but the faithless pretenders with another agenda won't forgive or forget or in fact apologise themselves as they see their own mistakes in you past actions and thereby cant bring themselves to admit their own foolish follies.
Posted by Dallas, Friday, 16 May 2008 10:04:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is this the name of a new species of fish?Can it be BBQ'd,fried or just be laid down to rest?

We know that WA has too many white pointers on the beach,that are consumating our carnal flesh.However,can a "Chair Sniffer" stop a "Bra Snapper" from consuming our attention.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 16 May 2008 10:57:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig

"Do you really think it would have been appropriate for him to have lost the leadership or his political career over this?"

Yes I do. I'll turn the question around. Do you think a grown man who can stoop to something as puerile as this has the calibre to make a good political leader? How could anyone entrust leadership to someone who shows such poor judgement and exercises such lack of control?

"Incidentally Bronwyn, what ever happened to our discussion at http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=7207#111606 which was instigated by yourself and continued for some time, only to die well before its natural end? Too late now to continue with it. It’s closed."

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't get back to that thread. You said you were going away so I left it for a few days and then decided it was too late to pick it up again. Besides I wasn't too worried about the discussion being unfinished. I'm sure we'll end up having the same debate again somewhere along the line and find ourselves going around in the same old circles!
Posted by Bronwyn, Friday, 16 May 2008 11:53:56 PM
*How could anyone entrust leadership to someone who shows such poor judgement and exercises such lack of control?*

Well lets take a look at Bill Clinton. Perhaps not a guy who
made the best decisions when it came to whom he slept with,
he never showed much control either lol. But certainly a
great politician in a global sense.

The American public used your kind of criteria for passing
judgement and landed up choosing George Bush as prez.
Wise decision according to you?
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 17 May 2008 5:47:59 AM
CJ and Ginx are right Julie is having fun , just review her/his post history but gee so am I!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 May 2008 6:35:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All