The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Most Muslims are moderate

Most Muslims are moderate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. All
ASymeonakis, said

HUGE survey of the world's Muslims challenges Western notions that equate Islam with radicalism and violence.
In majority Muslim countries, overwhelming majorities said religion was a very important part of their lives — 99% in Indonesia, 98% in Egypt, 95% in Pakistan. But only 7% of the Muslims surveyed — the radicals — condoned the attacks on the US on September 11, 2001, the poll found.
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 28 February 2008 1:52:46 PM
pale comments
Hello Antonio is it possible you could provide a link to those please.

I understand you said you are not Muslim but I have some difficulty understand where you are coming from by your comments.

The structure of Islamic countries is one that you might be considered to be a traitor put your hand up to say Religion was important to you.

There "is no "seperation of religion and law.

Where as In Australias Muslims are in a different position
all together.

They do not have the backing of the majority and they do not feel forced either and would be relucant to put their hands up in public here.

That would be like us going top ME and bagging Muslims not allowing women to drive.

You would be silly to do that publicly. That is how they would view you question.

Under the circumstances sunshine 7% is very worrying.

Dr Ali in the past has written in the Muslim Times of concerns that not enough has been done to speak out by some Muslims and especially Ikabel Patel the new President.

However which ever way you look at it there has to be a bigger effort to work more together rather than us and them
Because then in return they see it as them and us.

As for the Muslim Leaders they must play a very important role.
They must be honerable and keep their word to build trust and show respect.

Have they done this in the past= Who wants to guess?
Boazie cant believe you are so rude not to reply to what I thought a kind invitation
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 28 February 2008 11:43:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming,
As I wrote many times I am atheist if I write something about Muslims is because some westerners create huge problems to Muslims. We must respect and protect their rights. We must learn to cooperate with people from different religious or civilizations.
About the link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7267100.stm
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Friday, 29 February 2008 12:48:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Vanilla,
Re the word ‘respect’.
I wonder if we’d all share the same definition?

ASymeonakis
Seems the report you highlighted is packaged to appeal to a western readership.( as PALE hinted) It may not necessarily be a forward step for the govt to be involved in reforming religion.Esp. a Govt that many moderate Turks see as having an “ Islamist ” agenda. (I’ll wait and watch, from the fence ).

TRTL
Re The important distinction(s) between
criticising a belief system V vilifying its adherents.
Stevenmeyer made some pertinent comments in an earlier thread –worth reviewing!

Fellow –Human
Where are you?
We could do with your in-put.
Posted by Horus, Friday, 29 February 2008 1:59:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Antonio Said
We must learn to cooperate.... Pale Replies

Horus picked up on something Antonio. Halal controls everything= its mean lawful.
Lawful to whom. Live Exports is unsatisfactory and RSPCA have long demanded it banned]
Do they listen? They were- Or were they just playing games? See-
http://www.halakindmeats.com/

If they think they have the support from Kevin Rudd ' quietly' to continue to promote live or slaughter without stunning then they will.
They are. Animals are being slaughter without stunning in Australia right now and have been for ages.

So ask yourself why this then=

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/08/03/1995804.htm
And so you have then this=
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Plan-to-push-for-halal-standard-rejected/2007/10/08/1191695801343.html

Any of you that think this is only about animal welfare are kidding.
It control "everything" The word halal Means lawful. It controls what you buy wear eat use.
So when Rudd Put Kerry O’Brien on ABC with their pre election pitches IMOP it was a trick. I should know his advisor called me.

After the elections he was quickly replaced by Tony Burke who is of course saying the opposite.
I spoke with Burke’s advisor two days ago and he said he didn’t know the Halal review had been rejected. Good One. That just great!

Antonio I know you mean well (I Think) unless you’re involved with this lot in Melbourne who wanted to start their own political party and were pissed that ASTIC lost the funding for aboriginals etc ;)

However it is 'them' who must learn to cooperate with us.

If I went to a Muslim Country or you Tony went to a Muslim Country then we would as you said have to learn to cooperate with them.

Now I know how cooperate ;) I know how I would probably not like being able to drive down to the pub to buy my Bundy’s and thee difference is smokes :) Worse still what pub :)

This is why we want the department of Foreign Affairs to be honest. Big ask I know.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 29 February 2008 8:49:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Continued
Vanilla
Before you tell us we are off post let us explain =

Here’s your real problem in Australia.

http://www.agfoodgroup.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/284023/Meat_Livestock_Australia.pdf

http://www.austrade.gov.au/Meat-and-meat-products-to-the-Philippines/default.aspx

http://www.austrade.gov.au/Food-and-beverage-to-Spain/default.aspx

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:rpmx7sQ2WZsJ:www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/jfadt/northafrica/subs/sub5.pdf+Austrade+promoting+co+joint+meat+ventures+Me&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=au

What you see there and it’s just a tap is your Australian Government who heads these departments promoting sending product in its most valuable form- Live. Sure they do other stuff but the attitude is the same.
The Trade Minister= All of them because in fact each Premier of the States has his own power as Trade Minister of the state.

"They are 'all' sending off your kids and grandkids future jobs."

This is what the X President of the Muslim Leaders AFIC had to say a few years ago. Some of you may have seen Dr Ameer Ali on this forum. If you do say hello.

http://www.livexports.com/afic.html

Do not talk about Muslims as if they were specimens. Talk to them and tell them.
GDay Mate hey by the way this is how we do things in Oz
Nicely.

If Muslim Leaders are not acting in the most honorable manner then we have reason for concern.

What we need to do then is to put them on notice just like we would anybody else and say hey support we had a deal and you will honor that deal
You will not go behind our backs and BTW how come your web site doesn’t have much about working with Aussies in it.
You had one on your front page but they asked to be removed- Why?

Under the circumstances Mohamed, Ikabel and perhaps in hindsight don’t you think a bit more Aussie stuff and a bit less of Muslims world united may be seen as somewhat more polite.

After all you are in our country.

We will talk again but we demand respect and honesty the same as we do from our Australian born people.

We need to get far more involved with Muslim People rather than putting them on display( Which I have just done) But that is only to question the integrity of the lead ship not "ALL" Muslims
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 29 February 2008 9:14:07 AM
The silly surveys give little comfort to the thousands of innocent victims of suicide bombers. Whether you are in Madrid, USA. London, Israel, Bali, Cronulla, France or anywhere else on the planet the denial of the problem wont make it go away. Minimize the problem if you like but it won't help past, present or future victims.
Posted by runner, Friday, 29 February 2008 9:32:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. All